2014 Volvo XC70 Consumer Review: Top Quality in Every Way

2014 Volvo XC70 - Consumer Review

T6 Wagon (3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Top Quality in Every Way
By xira1 on

2014 Volvo XC70 T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I turned in a 2011 Subaru Forester at lease-end for the 2014 Volvo XC70 (T6 turbo, AWD), which I now have driven 46,000 miles.
There are pros and cons to both--the Subaru was a simpler car with less gizmos to go wrong, and in 3 years, nothing broke. It was also very fun to drive-- very responsive steering. But for long trips, I like the Volvo better-- in fact I am less tired after a long freeway trip because of the excellent driving position, superior visibility, great road-holding feel (it feels like it drives itself when going 75 MPH), great seats, blind-spot monitoring system, and a superior audio sound system. The cabin is also very quiet, and AC is powerful. And so far after 3 years, nothing has broken, in spite of the car's electronic complexity.

• Outward visibility
  • Dealership support
  • Engine
  • Transmission
  • Electronics

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By xira1
on 08/04/15 10:36 AM (PDT)

Now at 23,000 miles on this car, I'd like to clarify that some of the things I thought were problems, turned out not to be so. The side mirrors I figured out; the cruise control I figured out; and the problem with City Safety braking the car as I pulled into the garage, is due to the fact that I drive under an overhanging storage shelf when I pull in. To deal with that I turn off City Safety each time I drive into the garage. "End of Story" is that with problems solved, I now own my Volvo (I bought out the lease). I am very happy with my XC70.