2019 Volvo XC40 SUV Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2019 Volvo XC40 SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC40 model:

Rock Star Small SUV
By Scott

2019 Volvo XC40 SUV T5 Momentum 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

We are delighted with our purchase. Solid, fun, safe, great fuel economy. 5,000 miles in...perfect performance.

Ok
By Ron

2019 Volvo XC40 SUV T5 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The vehicle looks great and performs OK- nothing great. Doesn’t matter because there is no inventory

Great car just - first year issues
By Smitty8

2019 Volvo XC40 SUV T5 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I love my new XC40 Rdesign- great looking car- great performance- comfortable- just in the shop too much. Picked mine up April 7- has been back to dealer 2 times making appt for 3rd visit- all software hardware issues with safety features- my issue is with ABS and Electronic Stability control- both go off and on everytime it is driven. Each time I take it to the dealership they fix the problem, 2 weeks later it pops up again- It's unfortunate- have purchased 8 brand new vehicles- Infiniti's Nissan's, Volkswagon- never had these issues- only regular maintenance- I really like the car- but it is a hassle and big inconvenience for a $45K vehicle- if the trend continues will probably be my last volvo-

Great compact SUV
By RaveReviewer

2019 Volvo XC40 SUV T5 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

After owning MANY subcompact/compact SUV's (X1, CRV, GLA250, Rav4, CX-5, CX-3) I feel this 2019 Volvo XC40 Is absolutely the BEST. Fun to drive, Excellent build quality and materials, tons of storage spaces....and the coolest tablet-like infotainment center. And Volvo on Call is so good. Seriously the best value for the money of them all among the premium offerings in the segment. My first VOLVO...and I love it! 2019 Volvo XC-40 Inscription. Denim Blue with Amber interior. Thanks VOLVO

Still love my little XC40 T5
By Pam

2019 Volvo XC40 SUV T5 Momentum 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The body style was what caught my eye initially and had seen it for the first time on a commercial of all things. Looked at other brands (Toyota, Honda, Subaru) before deciding I would at least like to see the XC40 in person. Once I test drove it, I was in love. It feels good driving it. I like a boxier body type but this is a little boxy with a punch of style. I've had mine now for 3 months and not one issue. I feel it has very good visibility and love the blind spot monitoring. The back up camera is good quality. Very good acceleration, shifts smoothly, more than enough power (no issues if I have to punch it) and good storage for the size of the vehicle. I wasn't after another Highlander so this was a good size for my needs. So far, I'm averaging 28.5 mpg. The console tablet I feel was very easy to get used to and use and I'm not the most tech savvy person. The interior is sleek and simple, and I mean simple in a VERY positive way....it is not busy. The LED lights are wonderful at night. I am not a younger driver but do not feel the T5 is not too youthful nor do I feel it is an "older person's" looking SUV. I feel it has a style of it's own and has a classy, fresh look. I did not opt for navigation so I cannot speak to this. The ride is very comfortable. I did not purchase the higher end XC40 but feel I have many, many, options that most brands would not offer unless you went with the top of the trim level line. Mine is black and a solid color. Cabin noise is minimal for a 4 cylinder unlike some other brands I test drove. Takes turns well and seems to hug the curves strongly. For what this vehicle was designed for, I feel it meets the goal very well. Very pleased with my purchase!