Used 2014 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used S60 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

T6 With a Real 6!

Mike C, 01/21/2019
T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I've owned my 2014 T6 Volvo for four years now - I just turned 56,000 and it still runs like new. Mine is Ice White - and I'm glad as I'm not a fan of the fancy metallic whites. My factory warranty included everything - including wear and tear items like windshield wipers and brake pads - which they kindly replaced at my request at 49,500 miles. I was treated like a king at every service appointment (Waukesha, WI dealer) and have not yet had one single reason to go in for any issue - scheduled maintenace is all I needed. My car has the 19" Bor wheels running P7 Pirelli Cinturato's and they are indeed good for all-seasons - and I live in Wisconsin. My only mistake was blowing over $2,000 on a set of snow tires with BBS wheels I bought from The Tire Rack. Great service from the company but I used them the first year for about a thousand miles and just never had a need to put them back on for snow as the P7's work great with the all-wheel drive - the biggest issue I've had is driving through snow deep enough that the front end was lower than the snow on the road but it still plowed right through! Great car in snow. Random comments as they cross my mind while I type....The navigation system is by far the worst I've ever used - it's only when you know where you're at that you realize the stupid thing is taking you out of the way. It's brutal. I suppose if I'm driving to Florida it would get the three Interstates right but for all else - pull out your cell phone and use Google Maps or Waze. Very roomy front seat - plenty of elbow-shoulder-leg room. The back seat is a place you'll not want to be if you're an adult and you better hope you don't have Jimmy-legs because you'll end up pulling your hair out. If you need a back seat on a regular basis-look elsewhere. I drove a Ford pickup as my main vehicle for 25 years before this and I love how handy and easy to park this thing is. Performance is outstanding - I love-love-love the sound of that inline 6 turbo coming out those dual exhausts and with the tire-wheel setup it is an excellent handler. If you see one of these for sale with decent mileage - grab one unless you're a fan of whiny overworked 4's. All in all - I love this car.

5 out of 5 stars

Still Waiting For Something To Break!

Rob Disner, 01/16/2020
T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

Currently driving a 2014 S60 T5. Bought as a used CPO with 60k three years ago. I’m up around 100k now (almost out of warranty), and other than a single failed parking sensor (replaced for free) a couple years back, absolutely nothing has gone wrong with this car. My car has the distinctive Beachwood leather, which still looks fantastic. Car is fast, solid, and comfortable. Stereo is great. Only problem is that I financed it for too long and am currently a few grand upside-down on it. No plans to replace it any time soon, so that doesn’t matter much at the moment. Can’t say enough about how impressed I have been with my Volvo. Nicest car I’ve ever owned.

3 out of 5 stars

Great Good car with glitches

Danny, 09/23/2015
T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

The dealer has made almost everything right... In the first 6 months they replaced -faulty door sensor (lft rear pass side) -faulty ignition pump- car failed to start on the first try when the gas gauge was at 1 bar ( I recorded the starting problem on my cell phone which was a big help in troubleshooting the problem). Sometimes the roof liner rattles- the dealer couldn't find the problem. The front tires wore unevenly at 20 k. I had the tires rotated (free) and paid $100 for a front end alignment because it was past the adjustment period. I have had a s80, xc70 , xc90 or, and a 2012 s60 fwd which was faster and more fuel efficient but squirrelly when accelerating on turns/curves and less refined car overall than the 2014 s60. I will try something else when this lease is up- maybe a Lexus. I like reliability.

2 out of 5 stars
2 out of 5 stars

4 out of 5 stars

Very well put together, but pass on the NAV

Steve O, 06/29/2017
T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I don't want to repeat what everyone else has said, but a few things are worth emphasizing: Volvo's seats are VERY comfortable, even for my 6'3" frame. Performance is not the same as a BMW, but neither is the price. You might as well pass on the useless piece of electronic garbage they call a NAV system. I came from an Infinity M35, and I might have only Volvo's from now on. The car just feels very well put together. 90,000 mile update: The lack of a spare tire has left me stranded a couple of times now. Volvo service came and towed me each time, which was nice, but it can be a wait. Maybe I should have paid the $300 for a $20 spare tire. An inflation kit doesn't help when you've had a blowout. Have had zero mechanical issues otherwise. Update: The stock tires sold with the S60 get very noisy in the 2nd half of their life. I've figured out the weirdness of the NAV. It's still awkward, but I'll upgrade it to "usable."

3 out of 5 stars

Back in the VOLVO

Ronda Carter, 01/07/2017
T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I spent 5 years out of a VOLVO-- should have NEVER LEFT... back in the Volvo again and VERY PLEASED