Used 2014 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used S60 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Finally happy after many other cars

John B., 05/24/2016
T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I've owned a lot of vehicles and my S60 finally seems to hit the sweet spot of European performance and luxury with the reliability and lower cost of ownership I desire. It is just an all-around competent vehicle that is a pleasure to get in and drive everyday. It has a super high quality feel - like it's built very solid, something I didn't get in my Accord or Camry Hybrid. I just love the leather interior in this car - it is thick, comfortable, and smells great. The performance is more than adequate with the 5 cyl T5, steering and handling are excellent, and the comfort on long road trips is great, even with two bikes on the roof. Reliability has been fine - just routine maintenance required, and one A/C component replaced under warranty. I couldn't be happier. Update - still happy with my S60. I do sometimes wish I had the newer 4 cyl Drive-E, as it gets better mpg with the same performance, but everything else about this car is superb, so I'll live with it. I get 24 mpg in mostly urban driving with 29-30 on highway trips.

4 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars

3.75 out of 5 stars

2014 S60 R-Design with Platinum Package, BLIS, Climate package

mps_, 11/02/2013
T6 R-Design 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

So far I like this car and it is fun to drive. It works very well as a daily driver and has some good kick, although it is still far from a sports car. I have one major issue with this car. Volvo has built heating elements into the windshield (small wires every few millimeters). At night all lights reflect off of these wires and makes the lights blurry. It is a huge safety issue and is extremely annoying. Due to this issue alone, I am not sure if I will keep this car very long. Although it is nice to have a heated steering wheel, skip the Climate Package if you buy this car.

Great unexpected find

The Kid, 07/11/2015
T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I was in the market for an all wheel drive sedan and was really looking at Audi's and Lexus's and after leaving the Lexus dealer I saw a Volvo dealership and decided to stop. Never even considered a Volvo in the process. Anyway took it for a test drive and leased it the same day. Number one reason I got was the comfort of the seats and was truly happy on the way it drove and the functionality of the car. They have come a long way on the looks of their vehicles, should at least give it a test drive. Think u might be as surprised as I was!!

2 out of 5 stars

Drainage System Nightmare

CC, 09/15/2020
T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I typically do not have time for reviews, but I am so frustrated with Volvo now that I am making the time today. Folks beware if you own a 2014 Volvo S60 sedan with a sunroof if you have not had problems you will have problems with water draining into the cabin of the car during heavy rain. I believe there is a design flaw with the drainage system with 2014 Volvo S60 sedans that have a sunroof, and I feel Volvo needs to own this issue and recall and repair of replacing the entire system at their cost. I do not want anyone else to experience what I have I will as of this week have spent $6000 dollar replacing the entire draining system and drainage pan under the sunroof. This is unacceptable and an expense that no one should have to bear for such an expensive vehicle.

5 out of 5 stars

Best cars I've ever owned!

Frank Lashbrooke, Sr., 07/07/2018
T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I am an 80 year old man who has owned numerous cars including Volvo. I have owned both domestic and import cars since I was 16 years old. The best cars I have ever had and/or owned have been the Swedish brand, Volvo. Without exception, each Volvo I have owned has always been beautiful, well designed down to the last knob or switch. Each one has always served me so well that now I won't buy anything else! These cars I view as the best cars western Europe produces - up to and including BMW, Mercedes, Audi and SAAB. Every Volvo I have owned has ALWAYS done the job I wanted it to do and then some. Although I don't feel the sense of pride of ownership or prestige I might feel with a Beemer, Mercedes, or Audi, I always feel I own and am driving western Europe's very best brand. I have told many friends who ask me why I own a Volvo and I tell them it is the best car Europe produces, bar none! In my opinion, there is no better car made, period! Volvo cars, again, in my opinion, provide the owner the best value in automotive transportation out there! Out of all the cars I have owned, the Volvo brand has proven its worthiness of my loyalty and money. Buying a Volvo is by far the best car for anyone's money and then some. Needless to say, I won't buy anything else, EVER! BRAVO VOLVO! BRAVO SWEDEN!

3 out of 5 stars