Used 2006 Volvo S40 Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Volvo S40

View reviews for a specific S40 model:

my new s40
By lisa

2006 Volvo S40 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I thought I wanted a BMW then i looked at the volvo s40 and fell in love with it, it's fun to drive, it has the speed and pick up when i want it and handles nicely, my daughter wants it, shes 13!!! I love owning a Volvo and feel safe.

the stereo, the silver inlay and the comfy seats

move the windshild wiper knob someplace elce, i hit it sometimes when i put the keys in

Nice compact car
By Warrior

2006 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Well balanced car, Nice interiors, Silent cabin for this compact segment. A lot of security features for the money. 2.4i need more power. Suggest T5 for power busters.

Fuel Economy, Interiors, Fun to Drive.

Gas and brake pedals very near, Suspension not comfortable in highway, too hard.

Best Bang for your Buck
By Mikey Z

2006 Volvo S40 T5 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

My new S40 is incredible. I am 23 pre-dental student who never gave a thought to a Volvo until a friend recommended it. Now, I can't say enough about it. Its safety features are incredible and beat the heck out of its competitors. Not to mention that it rides very well, not too stiff, not too soft, but can handle curves and speed impresssivly well. Bottom line, it is safe, sporty, fun, and looks hot.

Low compression turbo makes for a better ride while maintaining good gas mileage and sport acceleration.

Nothing that I can think of. It has the best of all of its competitors.

My Volvo View
By Dyanna

2006 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Exterior look is what captured my attention. Could use a little more storage space inside. Excellent sound system. Loud air conditioning when above the middle mark. Minor adjustments could be focused on & improved, like electric window movement (rattle-some)better mileage for it's size and engine(5 cyclinder). Other than that. Love it and would recommend the S40 for the young out-of-college professional because it's about 10k less than the 3 series BMW, with all the similiar perks.

stereo, electric sun roof, interior and exterior look, choice of exterior colors, Interior leather seats and wood grain panel through out. Sporty, yet conserative and practical.

improvment can be done on interior storage areas, air conditioning is loud.

The best car I've ever had!
By LaLu

2006 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I love my S40! It is very stylish and different, but also super reliable and safe. I never thought I'd get hooked on Volvos, but I really am now. I just went out looking at new cars, but was drawn back to Volvo because nothing else compares.

The reach-behind radio/console is both stylish and really user-friendly.

The material on the door is on the flimsy side. I was moving objects in and out of my car and found that it tears easily.