Used 2010 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Touareg for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
4.75 out of 5 stars

2500 mile review but great so far!

San Diego Touareg, 10/24/2010
V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Have had the SUV for only 2500 miles so far. My "dream vehicle", thanks sweetie! So my 2500 mile review: great ride with comfort, style and plenty of power! Bought the TDI for it's towing capacity and gas mileage. Currenlty avg. 21 MPG for both city/highway driving. Bought the luxury and technology package and haven't looked back. Ride is exceptional on highway. Great in the mountains! This is a ski mobile!! Took it up to Big Bear in S. California and was great. As with other reviews don't know why it doesn't have memory seating?? Very luxurious inside. Nicest vehicle we've owned by far. Inside is small as well as back seat. Don't think it will be a problem for family of 4.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Not Perfect but so good I don't care

GD, 11/29/2010
V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

We've had it now for one year and it has lived up to everything we could have hoped for. It's an incredibly smooth ride with pretty decent pickup especially considering its a 5000 pound beast. I feel very safe driving and feel as if I'm surrounded by luxury - though there are a few things to be desired. The nav system, like most factory navs, is mostly accurate but has out of date store/gas registries. The system takes about 10 seconds to start up which means if i need the cam., I have to wait. We got the air package and combined without the low gear case it moves effortlessly in 18" of untouched (or compacted) snow. I recommend at least the tech package - it makes the car feel "cool"

5 out of 5 stars

Best vehicle we've ever owned, way better then the new model PERIOD! if you want a real truck and not a car.

utadvrider, 08/07/2012
V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Best vehicle we've ever owned, we are a large family and got rid of our 2007 LTZ LOADED Suburban. Gas milage savings alone has paid for the car payment, we save about $4-500 per month with the driving my wife does. Not to mention that the VW tow's more then the Suburban, the Chevy only towed 7K and the smaller VW tow's 8k! Besides the towing, it drives great, same as the Porsche for the most part, really the only differences are: Diesel, interior and wheel options, which the interior of the VW is way nicer then the Porsche. It fast (torque) and handles great, on & off road! It's a Real Truck, not a car thats lifted like most SUV's, body on frame like a PU, Land Cruiser of Land Rover.

5 out of 5 stars

Super SUV

AP, 02/09/2010
V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I've been an Audi owner for years, but opted for the VW this go 'round because I didn't care for the Q7 exterior and I liked the air suspension option on the Touareg. It is by far my favorite automobile to date! Even though I got a fully loaded edition, there are a few luxury items noticeably absent (no memory feature on the driver's seat?!). And it is not without its electronic bugs: the alarm goes off sometimes when locking the vehicle with the key fob or exterior keyless button...it is a VW after all. But, honestly, it is one fine vehicle and if all goes well beyond these first 3K miles, I hope to have it for 300K + (this from someone who generally trades every 2 years with < 30K.