Used 2010 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Touareg for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
4.75 out of 5 stars

Great Buy

stanleys, 07/16/2010
VR6 FSI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Traded a Toyota 4 Runner for the Touareg. Best luxury SUV, I found for the money. Reliability and VW customer service seems to be improving.

3.38 out of 5 stars

Toureg Tough on Kids

McDonald NC, 09/07/2010
V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I've had the Toureg for 7 months. Great for an individual or for a couple. But, the back seats are very erect and my kids wont get in the car unless we're traveling less that an hour. Just not comfortable in the back seat. Also, when I lock the car with the key fob the alarm goes off about 50% of the time -- very frustrating especially when with a customer. Lastly, I am forced to use Flow Volkswagen for service-- Unbelievlably bad service. In summary, a great ride but my kids avoid it, no trunk space, and the local dealer is a nightmare. Will be selling or trading soon.

4.25 out of 5 stars

And they make the gas version because...

Fresno Vicary, 09/20/2010
V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Traded in a 2006 Expedition for this midsize SUV and we aren't looking back. The Touareg is just the right size for our family of 5 (kids range 3- 9yrs.). It doesn't have the interior space of the Expedition, but it's not a big lumbering beast either. This is a fun to drive SUV with plenty of power at a great price point. Early results on mpg indicates it should more than cover the EPA ratings. My only hope is that we didn't get one of the unreliable ones. I only rated reliability "5" because we haven't had the car long enough to rate.

5 out of 5 stars

Great Diesel

Don, 09/24/2010
V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

This is an excellent SUV diesel which has exceeded my high demands and expectations in every respect: Power, comfort, style and reliability. I have 20,500 miles and virtually no problems have surfaced. Eventually I will probably buy the newer model, but I plan to keep this for many more years because it is so well-executed and realized. Dealership support for the routine service has been exemplary. It is superior in most respects to my former BMW X5 and is more evocative of the Sahara than Wilshire Blvd--a good rugged simple feel with less "look at me!!" attitude than the BMW.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Excellent SUV

krands, 10/13/2010
VR6 FSI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great ride and handling both on and off road. Decent fuel economy for vehicle capable of towing 7000 lbs.