Used 2010 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Touareg for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
4.5 out of 5 stars

Pleased so far, but remains to be seen...

sabotva, 09/04/2013
V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Love this SUV. Purchased at 38k miles and have driven to 41k. Have NOT towed much, and that is a large part of why i purchased this car. 7700lb capacity is impressive. My list of praises is nearly endless. I'm focusing on gripes to inform the consumer. Consider everything else perfect.

8 Years of Driving Enjoyment - Minimal Issues

George, 12/30/2017
V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

In 8 years, there have been only a few minor issues with my Touareg TDI. One side turning light bulb and one rear taillight light bulb needed replacement. There was also a minor electrical issue that was repaired under factory warranty when the Touareg was new. Otherwise, there have been zero significant mechanical / electrical problems. A ruggedly handsome SUV that is fun to drive with more than ample acceleration (thanks to the 406 pound feet of torque / 7,700 lbs. of pulling capacity). In addition, there is minimal or no noticeable body roll when negotiating corners/curves at speed. Amazing road holding performance and immediate power delivery. When driving the Touareg TDI, you feel like you are driving a serious, purpose-built rugged duty SUV with sedan-like handling. The fit and finish and interior materials are world-class and so far, I have no squeaks or rattles. I find that the standard stereo system is more than suitable and the navigation system is excellent. It barrels down the highway or off-road with authority and I will keep my Touareg and drive it until the wheels fall off.

4 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars
5 out of 5 stars

German tank safety with GTI performance

Val, 05/21/2010
V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I was an Audi Q7 3.6 FSI owner. Even Audi was very elegant, the mileage was bad, averaging 16 mpg overall. I always wanted to buy the Touareg in first place, but only the TDI version, for its superior torque, fun to drive and stellar gas mileage. I bought the vehicle with almost all the possible options, air suspension, xenon, navigation, rear view camera, etc. The car is very safe and fun to drive, excellent acceleration and passing power for such heavy vehicle.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Awesome SUV

HMB, 06/11/2010
VR6 FSI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

It's more than what I expected in an SUV. I've owned GM all of my life, 4 to be fact, and I will never return to GM ever. This vehicle has so much power hidden under it's hood. I purchased with the 19" Wheels in December and never worried about getting stuck in the snow, in fact it seemed that I had total command of the road driving in 6" of slush and never once loss control. I looked at the Arcadia, Q7, Cheyenne and CX90 and my VW has them beat hands down in Price, Performance and Fuel Economy. 28 to 34 MPG on the highway, but only 12 in the city. After 12,000 miles in just under 6 months the gas I've saved while on the road has made a Huge impression on my GM Buddies.

Amazing SUV

TEB, 07/09/2010
V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Coming off of a 2007 AWD Cadillac SRX, I thought this SUV would be similar. Boy was I wrong. Comfort, drivability, and fuel economy put this vehicle in a class by itself. We have driven 2600 miles including one long trip of 1300 miles 27 MPG highway and 23 in a mix. It feels like your floating down the road, yet with real precise road feel. When climbing gradual inclines transmission works well, not like the SRX. It is also very easy to park with its short turn radius. Vehicle we purchased was standard with Luxury Package that includes leather seating, 19" wheels, and heated steering wheel, which was a must for my wife.