Used 2010 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Touareg for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
3.75 out of 5 stars

Very Poor GPS System

deh2, 02/13/2013
V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I have had problems with my GPS since I purchased the vehicle. It often will have you exit & do a U turn only to bring you down the same road,do this a few times in rush hour and see how you feel!! I reported it to the dealer I purchased it from in Georgetown,TX & was told there was no fix yet. I have since moved to Houston,TX took my Toureg in before the warranty went out. They told me that they have heard this numerous times before & could fix it for $200.00 new software. I called the Volkswagen customer service and was told the same thing. 50K vehicle and won't fix the problem that it came with, that way of doing business does not work for me folks!! Imagine a big problem, eh!

5 out of 5 stars

2010- My first Touareg and it won't be my last!

Cassie, 03/13/2017
VR6 FSI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have looked for a Touareg for nearly a year before buying. I wanted a newer one ( a 2013-2014) but decided not to go that high price for my first one. I had driven a 2015 and loved it, so the search was on! I lucked out and found a one owner, low mileage 2010 that felt right. I went from a GMC Yukon to the VW and haven't regretted it one bit. I had almost given up finding one and started looking at the GMC Acadia, Chevy Traverse, Volvo XC 90, and a few other mid sized SUV's and all had issues that I just couldn't overlook. They just didn't have the handling, interior or feel of the VW. I have two parents in their 80's that live with my husband and me and we all fit very comfortably in the VW. My father is tall and has trouble bending his hips/legs but can get in and out of the back seat with no problem. He was never able to get in and out of the rear seat with the Yukon. One thing we noticed in car shopping is the flat floorboard of the VW. There is no foot well (if that's what you call it) so my father was not having to lift his feet up over a lip to get in and out. I have been on two long trips with it over the last six months and it rides and handles beautifully. I put new Parelli tires on it (they are made for the Porsche, Audi and Touareg) and they are really wide and stable. The gas mileage isn't as bad as I expected, average is around 18 in the city. There are a couple things that I am missing and will have on my next Touareg; the auxiliary jack for the stereo and the panoramic sunroof (This one is small). Unexpected loves on this is the heated steering wheel, seats that recline fully, interior lighting is great, and the legroom is fantastic (I am 5'10"). So far I am really happy that I bought it. It's a fun ride, great handling and I feel safe in it. This isn't the first VW I have owned (several turbo Beetles--LOVED them!!!) so I am a VW fan over-all.

Road Trip From California to Montana

Fred Christian, 10/26/2010
V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Flew from NW Montana to California to buy this hard to find TDI Touareg.Quiet and comfortable interior for all day driving.Factory Bluetooth is so helpful!Passing effortless with the diesel with a ride like a cloud.Set the auto climate control and had total comfort in 105 degree heat.Got 25.5 MPG on a 1100 mile trip. Have been getting 21.5 MPG in town driving.This is a beautiful machine!

Power and fuel economy

Return to VW, 05/21/2010
V6 TDI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

This is one fine highway cruiser that is getting 29-30 mpg while gliding down the super-slab at the speed limit. We traded in an 08 ML320 CDI and the Touareg is a far better riding SUV, plus it is quieter. You do not hear the diesel engine but you do feel its power. We pulled a 5000 lb trailer with power to spare and excellent control. This is no SUV wannabe, this is the real thing with > 8 inches of ground clearance and great visibility. This is a keeper.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Love It!

cgf, 05/21/2010
VR6 FSI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Just got my new 2010 Touareg. Shopped Mercedes ML350, Lexus 350, Volvo CX90 - best deal and standard features. This ride is very solid. I think this is my favorite car so far. Had VW in the past '79 Bug, '84 Golf.