Used 2016 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:

German Quality and Ride
By Bob

2016 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2016 Tiguan is Volkswagen's compact SUV. It exhibits typical German driving and handling characteristics. The interior and switch gear is of high quality and instruments well laid out. It provides a very stable, confident, yet comfortable ride. If you enjoy the typical "German" driving experience the VW Tiguan provides it at a very reasonable price.

The Tiguan that still should be!
By rochelle53

2016 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I hadn't had my tiguan much more than a month, and my daughter and I were on our way home from our state fair, just doing the speed limit, as always. When all in a sudden I had no steering, we were on the freeway on the inside lane, first we went down into the grassy mid section, I thought I was going to roll it! But I fought with the steering until I we were up onto the road, how I did it I don't know, but I got the vehicle turned and I slammed my brakes on! However, we still hit the guard rail. No air bags deployed, not one I'm still a polled, I thought my Tiguan was a safe vehicle, my daughter received concussion, and I whip lash, still to this day have trouble with my neck. I never got compensated for my loss of my tiguan. My insurance kept saying it was a caused by a default, so Volts Wagon was responsible, but my vehicle was towed to a yard who said the fee would be$1,000 to get it out fot testing, I couldn't come up with that much so it was sold! I'll never buy Volts Wagon again!

Best car ever
By Susan Dillon

2016 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great car, this car does require premium gas and is slightly more in repairs but well worth the money.

Great ar for a suddenly single guy
By Michael Smegielski

2016 Volkswagen Tiguan R-Line 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great looking, great to drive, nice feel on the road. The interior is a couple of steps above the cars in its class like the Honda CRV or Toyota Rav4, very rich feel in fit and finish. I really like the black exterior with the black/charcoal interior It adds a touch of masculinity to the car, there is just enough satin chrome to offset all the black. Performance is far better than I expected, the turbo really adds to the acceleration and feeling of power when you drop the accelerator, very minimal turbo lag, sport mode is really fun and it gets you moving beyond highway speed limits very quick. The only minor issue that has taken some getting used to is the way the vehicle shifts going up and down steep hills, it just seems to take forever to shift when going up and downshifts a bit too quickly when going down. I am very pleased I chose the R Line, I like the sport package with the larger wheels, low profile tires and trim. I just didn't need the sunroof, navigation or some of the other options that the SE and SEL offered at a much higher price. For me this was the right choice
6 months of ownership and in the middle of a New England winter. The R line is a great looking and a great performing car, the low profile tires and 19 inch wheels look great but while they work ok with the 4 motion drive they aren't the best performing combination for deep snow. A narrower tire and wheel would work much better. That being said, I still would not trade the R line for a SE or SEL. 6 months later and I still love the car.

2016 Tiguan from Volkswagon of Clarksville
By Amy

2016 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased this vehicle from Volkswagon of Clarksville. I worked with Mark Wolpert and he was fabulous to work with.