Used 2009 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Reviews

Used Rabbit for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Thousands spent for New transmission @ 79K

milkman128, 06/07/2014
S 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

The fuel economy and quality of the drive train are the biggest downer for me. It has good pep to its step and handles incredibly well. Although with my Transmission failing so early I worry about the power train quality. It looks pretty inside and out, handles very well but doesn't appear to have the longevity dynamic.

Rabbit on Rabbit - Pure Adrenaline

Watson Martin, 02/18/2016
S PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Go Rabbit go has been going for now decades. With its generational shift to mature adults who once X owned 80s Rabbits. Unfortunately, the unibody pick was not crossed over. More about that later. I live in Roanoke VA driving mostly along interstates or the valleys jurisdictional byways with plenty of ups downs and curves of all sorts. Car handles like a charm even more so on passes crossing dozens of ridge lines located along the Blue Ridge Mountains to the east and the Appalachia Mountains to the west. It's tight and krpt me out of the ditch approaching a downhill car - both balls to the wall - with dry leaves in tow. Fortunately I road the rail on the right edge of a steep unguarded cliff. Adrenalin should be this cars middle name. Love it but got to sale it cuz of growing family and desire for tech audio smart upgrades. Dodge Durango SX. Go figure. Taurague is not my deal as it's much smaller for much more. American German dodge. Go figure.

Fun to Drive, not your Grandma's Corolla

dean-l, 10/04/2008
S 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I wanted a small sedan. One test drive of Civic and Corolla and they were out. Those sheep need to look around a little. Mazda3 is a good car and better value, but this one just "felt" like it was built better. I picked the Rabbit over the Jetta because of the chrome on the front and the fake leather seats, I just couldn't do it. The real stuff is better, why bother? Also Rabbits are unusual around here. I've enjoyed the car so far. It really IS fun to drive. Plenty of power. NO exterior "loud & obnoxious" things about it. A real knock out in red. I can't believe this car is not more popular.

Knock Sensor issue

scoutandhuck, 02/04/2009
S 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I just got my 2009 Rabbit 3 weeks ago and I mostly love it. It has a cozy feel, the dash is easy to use, the lights are distinct and easy to read, and it handles nicely, even in snow (which we've had about every day since I got it). It has a jaunty overall feel and I am quite pleased overall. The sales staff was also really informed and helpful.

Re Knock Sensor issue

derblederb, 03/31/2009
S 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I was looking for a little hatchback. I picked the Rabbit over the Mazda 3 and Imprezza because it was more fun driving, cost less, and is supposed to get a little better mileage. It also got great CR ratings. I've had four people in it a few times and there seems to be enough room. The car reminds me of the civic hatchbacks from the early 90s.

12345...8