Used 2015 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

A special Car
By Lars T.

2015 Volkswagen Passat S PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have the base model with a 5sp manual. The performance is good, especially on the highway. Gas tank, trunk and back seat are huge. I have gotten over 550 miles on a tank. I average about 37mpg on the highway and have gotten as high as 42mpg. about 27mpg overall. I typically drive 80-90mph on the highway, and mash the gas in the city. The car has a soft reasonably sporty ride that is good up to about 110mph. The roof in the back seat is a little low if you are 6'-3" but if you are 6'-2 or shorter it is fine. The manual is 60 pounds lighter off the nose of the car than the automatic and it changes the dynamics of the car and makes it quite a bit faster. I would avoid the V6 and the TDI because of the extra front end weight. The car is a unique blend of turbo high performance and good gas mileage in a large inexpensive sedan. No other car has the combination of features or comes with a turbo on the base model. I think it is loaded for a base model: Turbo engine, Auto up/down windows, auto headlights, decent seats with lumbar adjustment. I highly recommend as a manual gas model. Complaints are: 1) cannot put a roof rack on car. 2) No ski pass through on base model.

Great buy
By Bogy

2015 Volkswagen Passat SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The fuel economy is superior and maintenance cost very low . We have 47K on the vehicle as of this review.

VW Passat TDI
By Curt F

2015 Volkswagen Passat TDI SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

When the service engine light goes off, its at least a $500 (part alone). Not including labor. Special diesel oil and a lot of dealer parts because parts stores don't carry most of the parts.

Nice car with great economy
By Lclewis49

2015 Volkswagen Passat TDI SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

It is too bad that vw has decided to not continue with the diesel motor. Great economy rivaling many hybrids with great performance. Only downside is with the lack of modern technogy package, no apple car play or other things like active cruise control, Blind spot monitoring etc.

Great family car, love the excellent mpg
By Ed from San Jose

2015 Volkswagen Passat TDI SE 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Purchased this car after the recall of my Jetta TDI . I upgraded to the Passat because I wanted more space and the Passat delivered. I miss my manual drive and wish the Passat came with Manual and a sunroof. Because the manual drive did not have sunroof I went with Automatic. I live on a steep hill and I use the Automatic with downshift option when climbing this hill in particular. The fuel economy is terrific and I get 40mpg with normal driving. I highly recommend. The passat has a backup camera which I use daily to assist in parallel parking outside my home. It is a great car and I highly recommend. I take to the mountains here in CA to go skiing and the car performs well climbing into the mountains and handling on the winding roads.