2021 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

$18,995

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

nice car. very good value for money

Roman K, 03/23/2021
SE SULEV 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have SE trim. Sunroof + beige leather. LED headlights. real 28 mpg in the city. the only issue - sound which I plan to change.

Great car that feels like a $30,000+ car

KRad, 01/16/2021
1.4T R-Line SULEV 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The performance, size, and safety are hard to beat at the price point. If you get the SE, R Line or SEL it feels like an Audi. Love the 40+MPG on regular too. My 3rd Jetta and I love it.

5 out of 5 stars

Get the SEL Premium if you can!

Micky from SoCal, 07/13/2021
SEL Premium SULEV 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This vehicle drives well above its class. Despite the small engine and low HP, it is peppy and smooth, and is eager to go. It’s very refined in its handling, reminding me of the mercedes S my Dad had when I was younger and I did my learners permit training on. No, it isn’t a V8 like that, but driving it feels very similar, which means VW had come a long way. No rattles or squeaks so far. The heated and cooled leather seats are comfortable, the driving position is great for a 6-3 person like me, the rear seats are easy to get kids into car seats (unlike last gen Jetta). The AC system cools well, the new stereo is cool (though I think it is due for a firmware update to fix a few bugs), and the digital cockpit is an awesome feature. Edmunds claims they only got 30mpg combined. What were they doing? I live in a very hilly area and get 30mpg city on those trips. That’s a 600 ft elevation climb to drop kids at school, waiting in car lines, stopping starting and parking. And I turn the auto stop/start off. But I use the adaptive cruise control religiously, and I think that really helps with gas mileage. On a highway run, I got 46 mpg. YMMV, but this is during the hot summer with AC running. Considering what the average new car goes for, getting this car for under $29000 seems like a steal.

ad labelAd
Build Your Jetta GLI
At a Glance:
  • 7 Colors
  • 5 Trims
  • $27,145starting MSRP

Nice Car for the Money

Redblock, 07/02/2021
R-Line SULEV 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Lots of features, great gas mileage, good Auto transmission unlike some of the competition which offer CVT Transmissions.

BETTA GETTA JETTA!

Victoria, 02/25/2021
SEL SULEV 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I absolutely LOVE my car. It has a luxury, yet practical feel for an affordable price. The warranty is amazing. I love the peace of mind. The ambient lighting, machined rims and driving modes are some of my favorite features! The Jetta has been a staple in the Volkswagen brand for decades. I will always be a huge fan! Go Jetta! Betta Getta Jetta!!!