Used 2016 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Comfort zone
By Terri A.

2016 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T GLI SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car rides like a much bigger car. I have had numerous vehicles and this one steers, etc great! Ease in and out of traffic is awesome. Passenger side seating is nice, plenty of room. Other than rotating tires and oil changes this car has been extremely reliable!

I fell out of love
By Margaret Tate

2016 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T GLI SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

When I first got in the VW, I was somewhat impressed with the overall appearance of the car minus the sunroof I miss having. For me I HATE the plastic, no tint windows which makes this car very hot inside in SC Weather. Several other factors of this car will not allow me to give it 5 Stars, like the craziness that goes on with the electrical system, the passenger side seat belt signal goes off while driving if my cell phone is sitting on the seat, or just my pocket book. I learned that because of the battery in my cell phone, it may have some effect on that. The problems I have had with the signal lights, several other factors about this car like no auto lights, ugghhh, I hate that especially being a woman on the road. Overall I fell in love with the car but after having it for 2 years, I want to cheat and get me another love. Oh, on the pro side of things, she drives great!

Spunky blonde in a Jetta
By Debra

2016 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T GLI SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Head room in front seat needs be higher, my husband is 5"9" it hits his head on way in. Be aware of blind spots in car. A pretty classy car, lease pricey a$458 month.

15000 miles and running great
By Mike

2016 Volkswagen Jetta 1.4T S 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Small car, great price, easy to drive and park, lots of trunk space and rear seats fold down for more. Just drove it from Tucson to Chicago (1800 miles) and I got 44 mpg for the trip with the air conditioner on and driving 70-75 mph. Incredibly efficient engine, has lots of torque and performance for city driving too! She's a plain Jane, but a tremendous value.

Get All of Your Needs and Most Wants Too!
By Braden

2016 Volkswagen Jetta 1.4T S w/Technology 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Absolutely love this car for the money. Over 35K Miles, my records show a combined mileage is 37.58mpg (93 Octane). I take very good care of my cars and added accessories (Bra/Dashmat/Seat Covers) to prolong the life of the materials. I wash the car at least once a week. That said, Paint looks brand new and all interior materials are wearing very well. This version of the Jetta does not have a button to disable Traction Control, but you can buy oem parts and use vagcom (VCDS) to add the feature. This is well worth the money to do. Comfort and Convenience: All controls are simple. There are not a ton of buttons so you can adjust what you need to without be distracted from driving. There is very little chrome trim so you don't get annoying sun glare at all times of the day. You can only MANUALLY move seats forward/back/adjust height/recline, yet the drivers seat is exceptionally comfortable. The center armrest is highly adjustable. The MIB2 Head Unit is exceptionally well laid out, responsive and easy to use. The 1.4T engine has power for when you realistically need it. This is a commuter car that is peppy, but is not a race car. I have done all scheduled maintenance and have had zero issues so far. No shimmies, rattles etc. Take care of this car and I think it will take care of you. I will update in 30k more miles...