Used 2012 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Love my New VW
By DAS

2012 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan w/Convenience, Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

i have the Manual and there are still times when i get bogged down because there is no way to turn off the ETC in this model so it thinks on a fast take off you are slipping ... more, just something to get use to and adjust My driving habits. Love the manual - smooth and precise however see previous remark ... that is the only reason for an 'OK' rating. never sat in the back no idea what it is like .. sorry ... road noise - not sure it is the wrong tires .. but can be loud, miss a water gauge - everything thing is an Idiot light ... MMMM .... interior looks very nice .. but it is plastic just saying, my sitting position put the passenger B pillar in my line of site for left hand turns ... other wise Excellent, never liked for a usb port has everything else though, no Nav system but you can have your iPhone Bluetooth the instructions through the stereo speakers so really no need HIGHLY recommend this CAR - get it have no question or second thoughts .. just make sure it is the SE or above version

Perfect first car to own!
By Shannon Nesterowicz

2012 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This Jetta is my first car, and I honestly could not be happier. I drive between Syracuse and Albany about twice a month, as well as around Albany day to day. This car is reliable and worth the ~$8,000 I spent. I've purchased a rust undercoating, as well as top-of-the-line snow tires, to handle Syracuse winters, so those purchases have definitely positively impacted the reliability and durability of the car. The only issue I've noticed is that the acceleration is slow for the first 20 minutes or so within starting the vehicle, but it is by no means a deal breaker. To summarize, this car is phenomenal and I would easily consider buying another when the time comes to purchase a new car.

Good car for young drivers
By Niels Pace

2012 Volkswagen Jetta S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used for my children to use. Have had minor reliability issues but easily fixed. The most disappointing is the interior - I was brought up in the era of the Golf Gti and owned several of them, have always loved VWs and their solidity and good finish, inside and out. Unfortunately with this generation of Jetta they screwed up during the manufacture and cut the headlining material too short, so it is overtensioned on the foam moulding and comes away. The car is only 5 years old and roof lining is falling off! Obviously VW are completely uninterested in standing by their product and fixing this.

Review on the jetta
By Daniil

2012 Volkswagen Jetta S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I owned a car for a month now and have not had any problems with it.Accelaration is really good for car that doesn't have that much power to it.I must admit that it is easy to work on.

Good value, reliabilty
By Liz

2012 Volkswagen Jetta S 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2012 Jetta S as a late-model used car that had been turned in because of a lease, and it had about 22,000 miles already on it. I had not owned a VW before this and I didn't have anything to compare it with, as I had owned a Toyota and a Subauru previously. I must say, though, that I am very happy with my Jetta. I use it as a daily driver, and it rides smoothly, brakes securely, is solidly constructed, and has an overall good feel on the road. I have a 5-speed manual and although the 2.0 engine (as noted in other reviews) is not as peppy as my previous cars, I find that if I downshift to 4th gear, especially on hills, I can easily find myself traveling in the 70-80 MPH range. I have been following the maintenance schedule closely and so far, everything seems to be working fine. I hope to keep this car for a good long while.