Used 2010 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Reviews

Used GTI for Sale
Select your model:
12345...14

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Amazing Car for the Money

national2010, 12/12/2009
PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in my 07 TSX for the 2010 GTI and have loved every minute with my new car. The styling is improved, the interior is beautiful, the car is quick and responsive. I have not had the car for long and this is my first GTI so I can't really comment on reliability, but it is so fun to drive. I was shopping between the GTI, a genesis coupe (3.8L), and a Mazada speed 3. The GTI was hands down the best overall car, especially for the price. The audio upgrade and the HID lights are a must. If you are in the market for this style of car, it is at least worth a test drive.

What a Blast!

Don, 12/03/2009
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

VW has hit this one out of the park! Great looks inside and out in typical efficient German style. No wannabe racer boy look to the GTI although the 18" Detroit alloy wheels do scream "look at me". The six speed manual transmission is crisp and responsive. Handling is first-rate as well.

5 out of 5 stars

Sporty, Classy, Fun, Value!

jlgolden, 12/09/2009
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

In 17 days of ownership, I have put 1300 miles on my new GTI. The powertrain zip, chassis composure, and evidence of excellent engineering are a true pleasure. The fine auditory and tactile sensations serve to complete the package. Excellent visibility, great seats, well-crafted interior, superb ergonomics, and it's priced right. This car gets attention, especially from those who "get it". It's like a bargain-priced BMW or Audi all the way. People will not likely cross-shop a GTI against a brutish and bold (but lovely!)Camaro. Totally different animals. And I "get it".

3.75 out of 5 stars

lemon of the bunch

brp, 01/05/2010
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my gti because i thought it would be a great and reliable car but it turned out I was wrong on a few things.The problems started when i was going around a turn doing speed limit and it all of a sudden felt like i had a flat tire and started slowing down then was fine a few seconds later, this was taken to the dealer and they could not find a problem so i picked it up and this problems occurs on a daily basis but they say they cannot find anything, it sometimes will not let me press on brakes, maybe xds overreacting?it can be scary when brakes wont work and I have to downshift to slow down, it has been in twice for this along with once for a leaky sunroof and radio turns itself down

4.63 out of 5 stars

Price to Value off the charts

Jason, 02/19/2010
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased the 2010 GTI after selling an Audi 2.7T that was fun to drive but a financial nightmare to repair. I've got 1200 miles on my base level GTI, and have got to say that it's the best vehicle I've owned. The base package includes everything but premium wheels, nav/stereo and sunroof and I must say that for 23k its a steal. The car handles incredibly, cruises well on the freeway (29-32 mpg at 75 mph) and is nice a beauty to look at. Only flaw is that the touchscreen menu for the stereo is hard to navigate through (to switch cds or ipod tracks) while driving.

12345...14