Used 2010 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Reviews

Used GTI for Sale
Select your model:
12345...14

Pros
Cons
4.5 out of 5 stars

Spent half my $50K car budget

milleman, 03/10/2011
PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had spent a year test driving 20 cars over 1000mi to decide on the car that would last me the 20yrs my last car did, a VW Corrado. Life's too short to keep driving VWs, but the final shootouts for months were between the '10 GTI and different flavors of 1 and 3 series BMW coupes. I was not cross-shopping any of the Japanese "hot hatches".

5 out of 5 stars

50 more horses please, no problem!

dsatl, 08/30/2010
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I love everything about this car except that it needs more power. Well, I found out, before I bought it, that you can get a software reflash that ups the turbo boost to 19 PSI instead of 10 PSI and you get 54 hp and 80 lp-ft of torque. All this is from a company that works directly with VAG (VW of America) and develops racing concepts for them. All this is safe for the car, but dealers don't really like you to do it for obvious reasons. The car now runs 0-60 in 5.8 instead of 6.6. It's a monster and that's why I bought it. It also has a stealth mode for when you bring it into the dealer.

The Best GTI in Years

Ian, 12/01/2009
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my third GTI(still own my MKI, sold my MKIV), this car is exactly what the GTI should be. The MKVI GTI is fun to drive anywhere, easy to use as a daily commuter, a blast to use in the mountains, excellent compromise between performance and gas mileage. Interior amenities are excellent, touchscreen stereo is awesome, stick shift is smooth and feels comfortable in your hand. Lateral support is top notch in a car that urges you to rip it through corners, and once you do, the XDS makes you feel like a pro coming out of them. Not sure why so many people fear VW reliability, I’ve driven them for years and never had any major issues, must be lucky.

Best car for the money

H-DUB, 06/12/2010
PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

As I get older, I place a lot more emphasis on value. In terms of what I value, I wanted economy, acceleration, utility, and styling. In my opinion, there is not another car that can beat the GTI. When I did my research, the two most important criteria were gas mileage and acceleration. So I came up with my own measure, which was average gas mileage divided by the 0 to 60 time. The GTI was far away the best performer in that measure. I've owned BMWs exclusively up until this purchase. I've got to say that I enjoy driving this car more than any of my previous 7 BMWs. I've had this car for a month now and still can't get over the great VALUE.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Obsessed with my car

npsgti, 01/28/2011
PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Got this car CPO with 9k miles on it a month and a half ago and have put about a thousand miles on it since. This car is incredible. I was in a Mazda3 for a while before this car and this car just blows it away on every level. Interior is high quality on par with Audi etc. Excellent touch screen stereo and iPod interface with a very high attention to detail from the leather wrapped flat bottom steering wheel to the subtle red stitching throughout. Very comfortable seats etc. The engine (2liter turbo) coupled with 6 speed manual (how could you get the DSG??) is a dream. Seemingly bottomless torque and plenty of power when I need it with a nice exhaust sound. Excellent exterior design. Grade A

12345...14