Used 2009 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Reviews

Used GTI for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Awesome/Practical/Affordable car

Vaughan, 03/31/2009
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my GTI for about 7 months now, and I still get excited every time I get behind the wheel. It's got the style, performance, reliability and practicality covered, and it doesn't break the bank to own one. Great car!

4.88 out of 5 stars

I like it

gatlin69, 04/23/2009
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had this for a few weeks and I can say it is a very fun car to drive. I was a bit disappointed that there was no bluetooth. Everything feels very solid and I can say the seats are very comfortable. I would opt for the 6 manual, but I have heard from other owners that the DSG was a blast. I am not a big fan of the plaid...so I opted for the leather...more power options for the seats would be nice and I dont like the roll switch for the heated seats (but they do work good). I had one major issue I got the 18in wheels and sunroof package and with such low profile tires 250 miles I hit a pot hole and had to replace the tire.

5 out of 5 stars

Good to be in a VW again!

GTI Owner, 05/03/2009
PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The GTI is a great all-around sporty car. Good power, no turbo lag, good handling, nice interior with lots of room, good fuel economy, and it feels & drives like a more expensive vehicle. It may not have the outright power of a WRX, but the refinement and fun are a great combination for me. It handles great, is quiet going down the road, and I'm getting mileage in the mid-20's around town. It inspires confidence on back roads, and never feels like you are asking it to do something it doesn't want to.

Nothing short of Amazing

Vanbosch, 05/20/2009
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in my 2008.5 Mazda 3 Hatchback for my 09 GTI. After driving my wife’s 09 Rabbit I was sold on VW's build quality and driving dynamics but wanted something sportier than my 3. I absolutely hate the boy racer look of the new 2010 Speed3. I got an amazing deal on my GTI and haven't stopped smiling since I parked it in my driveway. The new GTI is one of the best purchases I have ever made and have zero regrets trading in the Mazda. Volkswagen has earned a life long customer from my wife and me with their fun to drive, reliable and well built vehicles. The GTI satisfies in every way. From the precise handling to the punchy 2.0 Turbo engine and quality feel, I could not be more pleased.

4.88 out of 5 stars

The best adult hatchback in the group

Mark, 05/27/2009
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I really wanted a smaller car, with decent gas mileage, good performance and a somewhat upscale feel without spending 40K. I also need a back seat for occasional passenger transportation. I looked at the civics, and just could not do it, it's seems like a kids car to me, I also looked at The toyota corrola (better gas mileage, but the most boring vehicle) absolutely no fun to drive. After test driving the GTI, I was sold, it was perfect, sporty, but comfortable, easy power, not a brute, easy to maneuver in the city, quick acceleration for passing and the best interior of the cars I tested. I'm 40 years old, and this car is a blast, but also very practical.

12345...7