Used 2009 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Reviews

Used GTI for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Great MPG and Fun to Drive!

Campbell, 10/16/2008
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

We needed to upsize from my 2 seater to something our growing family. The VW can hold 5 for lunch or 2 adults and 2 kids comfortably. My commute is 35 miles each way, this thing is great for moving through traffic on the freeway. It has a quiet interior and solid feel. The ride is superb. While some of the competition is stiffer and rolls less, that is a very low percentage of the real world driving needs. It is fun to drive in a nicely composed package.

5 out of 5 stars

Fun Fun Fun

Bob T, 11/04/2008
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Wanted a sports car wife, wanted 4 door SUV. Great compromise, handles like a sports car, fun to drive, gives us 4 doors and a little room in the back to carry stuff. Very responsive. Fun to drive good solid feeling and safety features. I recommend to anyone. Great price for a lot of fun and safety.

4.38 out of 5 stars

Wonderful car

Jason, 11/17/2008
PZEV 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I just got my '09 GTI, and LOVE it! I traded in my '06 Audi A3, which had the same engine, and many similar features, but the GTI feels so much sportier. The engine is great, and DSG is awesome. I still have to gently break it in, so look forward to the day I can really test the limits :)

4.88 out of 5 stars

Decently awesome after a month!!

Heimbachae, 12/23/2008
PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

First thing I noticed is that this car isn't as fast off the line as the 1.8T I had (04 Jetta GLI). It had an upgraded ECU, but even with that turned off it was quicker than the TSI 2.0T that is in this new car. This is probably due to the fact the MK5 is a much bigger car than the MK4. Other than speed off the line this car is my saving grace. It is much smoother than the MK4 Jetta I had, and on long rides it's so nice. Manual is a must on this car. Also, I should have gotten the upgraded stereo because sometimes I just want to rock out that 6 free months of Sirius (could sound better) Do NOT get additional ipod adapter plug in that is in center console. GET JUST THE HEADPHONE JACK!!

4.88 out of 5 stars

King of Hot Hatches

Henry, 01/04/2009
PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Very fun to drive. Handles amazingly well on windy roads. Braking is good enough. Great engine noise. No turbo lag whatsoever. Has all the power you would ever need in a front wheel drive car. Love the horseshoe wheels, though I got the 17" ones since I parallel park so much (already have some marring). I had a 08 Rabbit before and all the little improvements are completely worth it. I'm nervous about the resale value and long term reliability being a VW, although I like this car so much I can't see parting with it while it still runs. Plan to have it for a long time. Very easy to park in the city being a small 2 door hatch.

12345...7