Used 2009 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Reviews

Used GTI for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Wow fun in this pocket rocket!

Larry Orischak, 01/27/2010
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car! I looked at everything in it's class and just kept coming back to it! Have had for a year and it is still fantastic experience! Handling is superb and gas mileage is a real surprise and no On highway crossing Utah had cruise control set at 82mph and was getting 27 miles per gal. Around town 32 miles per gal.plus. Pick up is terrific and blows me away! and handling is tight and responsive! Seats are excellent for quick turns and no problems on long trips. Space in back is probably bigger than anything in it's class. Dash and controls are easy to read and to control. I have had some great cars in my 45 years of driving but this is the most fun yet! Love driving it!

German Engineering

Andy, 08/23/2008
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Just bought my GRAY 09 GTI this morning. Didn't go for the DSG, which costs 1200 more. Like the manual gear, just like in Germany. Very responsive and fast. the suspension is hard so you might feel a little bit bumpy. Like the SUNROOF and 18" all season tire. 24K is fair enough for such a car.

Small Car Big Performance

Dave, 12/28/2008
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

OK I have owned my 09 GTI for one week and find it not only a sharp and comfortable but great performer or run it smartly to get great gas mileage. Mine has the six speed auto and I find the shift petals on the steering wheel not only a great location but fast response from the gear box. My GTI came loaded with leather seats Satellite radio and many more features which makes for a very comfortable ride

Nice so far!

vegasjon, 08/01/2008
2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Just bought right off the truck yesterday! Fast, responsive, limited torque steer, and corners well on the 18" summer tires. AC is a bit weak in the Las Vegas heat (117 degrees!) but that's not normal summer heat for most. My other car is a BMW 330i and the VW is as much fun to drive...I do miss some standard luxuries such as built-in Bluetooth, but for 24K I'm not gonna be picky. This car is well built, solid, and performs as a German engineered vehicle should. Turbo lag is nonexistent for the most part, and the 6-speed tranny is descent, a little long on the throw distance. (I bought the standard not the DSG). Good by overall, I would recommend it to the budget sports buyer.

4.75 out of 5 stars

City Beater

Steve, 09/25/2008
4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I needed a city car, for down town Toronto driving -so we bought the DSG - finding myself using the paddles more often, to get the responsiveness I want . Love the car - beats driving the Mini Van ;)

12345...7