2017 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

I think I got a lemon
By Robee brown

2017 Toyota Tundra Limited FFV 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I do not recommend. I had a 2017 limited that I had to put in the shop for for realignment 5 times(no I didn’t hit anything). Fix the front sensor twice. The worst was the fact that I had to put premium gas in a truck with a 38 gallon tank that got 13 mpg or it had piston knock...unacceptable! Traded for GMC Sierra and am very happy now!

4th Tundra
By Dakes Gaston

2017 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

These trucks have everything but gas mileage. Ride , durability, comfort, control are the best. My favorite thing is the rear window goes completely down. Moon roof can be noisy on highway. Trade in value is also very good. It was suppose to be a work vehicle but it is our pleasure vehicle on trips. Very safe felling when driving. my tundra is a limited crew cab not a sr5 as stated.

Beautiful truck the love it
By Rod

2017 Toyota Tundra 1794 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I'm beautiful truck. Don't know why they don't give it more HP to compete with the others, but I'm sure they'll figure it out soon enough. A little rattly on the interior at times. Would be nice if they added more up-to-date features. Overall we are very happy nonetheless. Everyone drives Dodges and Chevys, this 2017 1794 Tundra looks and stands alone, in my opinion.

More for the Money and a higher resales value
By John

2017 Toyota Tundra 1794 FFV 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Having owned a 2011 F-150 Platinum which was totaled when a guy ran a red light in Sugarland, TX south of Houston, I had to buy a new truck, when I looked at a 2018 F-150 it was 65,000 plus 3 options totally 67,000 plus TT&L. The Tundra was 49, 600 with the 3 options included. The Tundra rides as good as the F- 150 on the highway, on secondary roads the F-150 has a better ride, fuel economy is about the same I had a 5.0 liter on the Ford and a 5.7 liter on the Tundra with a 6 speed Auto on both. the insurance adjuster who I meet when I was being given the check for the F- 150 asked me are you going to replace this truck with another and I said by the numbers of dollars, It probably will be a 2018 Toyota Tundra 1794 of which he replied if you had the Tundra I would be writing you a check for another 3,000 over the F-150 Platinum. Ford F-150 Great Truck if I was a millionaire I would buy another if you want to save 15,000 and a higher resale in the end buy the Tundra you won’t be disappointed.

Gorgeous truck, poor towing capability
By Daney

2017 Toyota Tundra Limited FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought in the spring of 2018 with 23,000 miles on it. First trip towing 4,000 pounds of boat / trailer was work for this truck driving Interstate 90 in western south dakota on moderately rolling hills, none steeper than 4%. Spent lots of time driving in 4th gear ON FLAT ground. The cruise control would kick off every time it dropped below 65 mph, from what I've read this is a safety feature to keep the RPMs down but so annoying. At one point, i just took the cruise off and going down hill, the vehicle actually decelerated - still with the boat hooked up. Toyota has no answers for what the problem may be. We checked trailer brakes, e-brake, tow mode off and on, literally everything and anything that would explain why this beast would not pull. Through all the problems, towing mpg was around 9 mpg, with A/C running and doing 70 mph with the cruise OFF. Regular driving with nothing being towed, it got around 11-12 MPG. I am a huge Toyota fan, but if you need decent towing performance, leave it to the big three. Broke my heart to trade my Tundra but had no choice - back to the F250 for me.