Used 2016 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

100% Better than the old Tundra 4X4
By AmericanPatrick

2016 Toyota Tundra SR 4dr Double Cab SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Edmunds website allowed us to shop online without a crazy extra charge. Far better experience than ALL the rip off deals on TV. We found our Tundra on the first day of looking. We got a fair deal from the dealership although the Ohio dealership was extremely slow at the Toyota Certification paperwork and registering with Toyota online. The salesperson was not truthful. But Edmunds is the best online source as usual. The great thing is that our local dealer, here in Indiana, does all of our service. thank you Edmunds for making things simple. Thank you Toyota for building a light duty truck like the Tundra. Hope it will go over 300K miles like the old one.

The only 1/2 Ton that still feels like a truck!
By Matt K

2016 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Toyota nailed it with the Tundra. It's rock solid dependable, powerful, comfortable, and capable. I work in construction, I have every new make and model of pickup truck sitting in my parking lot right now from other coworkers and have ridden in all of them. The Tundra is the last truck on the market that actually FEELS like a truck, everything else feels like a glorified sedan with a bed. It's a true battle tank worthy of the truck title. The only way you'll be even slightly disappointed in the Tundra is if you're big in to modern tech packages and sound systems. The Tundra packs a very basic tech package that isn't going to blow your socks off, but you can always count on it to work, and that's really what matters most is it not? If you need to get real work done and don't need a 3/4 or 1 ton pickup, just get a Tundra. If you're just cruising out to Starbucks to pick up a Venti gender neutral before heading off to your gay pride parade then Ford, Chevy, or Dodge would certainly be a better fit for you.

Reliable and comfortable truck
By Jim

2016 Toyota Tundra Limited FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Fuel mileage good a 55 mph. Most reliable truck made.

High Expectation, Major Dissapointment
By Tony

2016 Toyota Tundra SR5 FFV 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Being a lifetime Silverado owner, I decided it was time to try something new. Once past the test drive phase, I felt I may be making a mistake as it felt as if I was driving a heavy and uncomfortable box-truck and the ugly interior just wasn't doing it for me. But, I was willing to try it out, so I took it home with me. Within the first 2 months, the truck started feeling like it was lacking power, or as if I was towing something. I thought maybe it may be bad gas so I made sure to pump Chevron the next fill-up. Long story short, I gave up on the truck after a few miserable dealer visits and traded it in for Dodge Ram, and never looked back.

Tundra NOW never going back
By Ric

2016 Toyota Tundra SR5 FFV 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I've had a Ford,Gmc,& Dodge Ram in my past and don't know why it took me so long to come to the Tundra side... biggest thing is if something was to happen to my Tundra yes I would without a doubt go get me another one .. excellent truck