2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 Hybrid model:

worst Car I have ever owned
By David

2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

if you are 6 ft. and weigh over 200 lbs. This is not the car for you. If you are looking for great mileage, this not the car you want.

great suv
By bubba

2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

love this toyota

Solid, Economical, and Reliable
By Pat

2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

What I like is the 30 mpg in everyday driving with up to 35 mpg on long trips. Ride comfort is good, handling average, reasonably quiet for a compact SUV, great cargo area, and back seat room. No issues over the past 9 months and 11k miles travelled. Gripes are few, the XLE seats lack lumbar support and my back felt it the first long trip I took, so now I use a small pillow to solve that problem. If you go up a trim level you can get lumbar support on the SE and Limited, etc. The infotainment system is average, but I really don’t like touch screens to access entertainment options. The screen doesn’t always react to my finger touches or slides station/song selections up and down when I just want to make a selection. Also the absence of Apple Carplay and Android Auto is a negative. Otherwise another super reliable Toyota product.

Suzy's Car
By Bob Z.

2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Most of the added features (lane control, cruise control distance control, back-up camera, etc.) might be nice for some, but I consider them unnecessary and adds cost to the vehicle with no apparent benefit. These things just aren't needed.

Replaced my tundra
By Anna Imber

2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This rava 4 has been great for the first 700 miles, I am so happy to not be crying for my truck. All of the safety features are a real advantage to both my rural driving and the hybrid features makes trips to the city environmentally friendly, I loved the blindside assist but love the headlight sensors that will dim the lights for me as much now. The automatic distance sensors on cruise is a luxury. I have not figured out what accepts voice commands yet and media functions have me baffled