2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 Hybrid model:

RAV4 Deficiencies
By P. VoScott

2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

While we really do love our two 2017 RAV4 Hybrid Limiteds, there are some glaring issues. 1.) Unlike other SUV's like it, it lacks the foot activated rear hatch opening technology. 2.) The Toyota Entune technology is severely lacking. If Toyota had compared it's own tech to that of Apple it would have been clear that they should have used someone else's technology as opposed to Entune. 3.) The plastic spoiler located above the rear hatch is melting and delaminating from the door. Despite the fact that I live in San Francisco, the dealer claims this is a climate issue and not covered by warranty. Mind you, this is happening to both of our RAV4's. Otherwise, we're very pleased with our Hybrid RAV4's.

worst Car I have ever owned
By David

2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

if you are 6 ft. and weigh over 200 lbs. This is not the car for you. If you are looking for great mileage, this not the car you want.

great suv
By bubba

love this toyota

Solid, Economical, and Reliable
By Pat

2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

What I like is the 30 mpg in everyday driving with up to 35 mpg on long trips. Ride comfort is good, handling average, reasonably quiet for a compact SUV, great cargo area, and back seat room. No issues over the past 9 months and 11k miles travelled. Gripes are few, the XLE seats lack lumbar support and my back felt it the first long trip I took, so now I use a small pillow to solve that problem. If you go up a trim level you can get lumbar support on the SE and Limited, etc. The infotainment system is average, but I really don’t like touch screens to access entertainment options. The screen doesn’t always react to my finger touches or slides station/song selections up and down when I just want to make a selection. Also the absence of Apple Carplay and Android Auto is a negative. Otherwise another super reliable Toyota product.

Suzy's Car
By Bob Z.

2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Most of the added features (lane control, cruise control distance control, back-up camera, etc.) might be nice for some, but I consider them unnecessary and adds cost to the vehicle with no apparent benefit. These things just aren't needed.