2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 Hybrid model:

great suv
By bubba

2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

love this toyota

Solid, Economical, and Reliable
By Pat

2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

What I like is the 30 mpg in everyday driving with up to 35 mpg on long trips. Ride comfort is good, handling average, reasonably quiet for a compact SUV, great cargo area, and back seat room. No issues over the past 9 months and 11k miles travelled. Gripes are few, the XLE seats lack lumbar support and my back felt it the first long trip I took, so now I use a small pillow to solve that problem. If you go up a trim level you can get lumbar support on the SE and Limited, etc. The infotainment system is average, but I really don’t like touch screens to access entertainment options. The screen doesn’t always react to my finger touches or slides station/song selections up and down when I just want to make a selection. Also the absence of Apple Carplay and Android Auto is a negative. Otherwise another super reliable Toyota product.

Suzy's Car
By Bob Z.

2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Most of the added features (lane control, cruise control distance control, back-up camera, etc.) might be nice for some, but I consider them unnecessary and adds cost to the vehicle with no apparent benefit. These things just aren't needed.

Replaced my tundra
By Anna Imber

2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This rava 4 has been great for the first 700 miles, I am so happy to not be crying for my truck. All of the safety features are a real advantage to both my rural driving and the hybrid features makes trips to the city environmentally friendly, I loved the blindside assist but love the headlight sensors that will dim the lights for me as much now. The automatic distance sensors on cruise is a luxury. I have not figured out what accepts voice commands yet and media functions have me baffled

Great new car, but look for Certified Used.
By James T. Kirk

2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my 4th Toyota hybrid. First was new rxh400, then new Camry Hybrid, then new Prius V, then new Rav4 Hybrid Limited. I always sell them at 80,000 because I freak out about the battery life/cost. I like this one the best. I average 35 MPG. I have driven 6800 miles in 8 months. The storage area would have been nicer if they made it flat. But, it is still very useful. I bought new to take advantage of the 0% for 5 years financing from Toyota. As some have said, the car seat can be a little uncomfortable after a 400 mile drive. But, it is good to get out and walk around anyway. I don't get any aches or pains. This car rides as nice as my Lexus RX Hybrid for $20K less. The safety stuff makes you realize we're only a few years away from self driving cars. It has all the tools to do it now. A certified car has a 100K warranty -- which is better than a new car warranty. These Rav4's do depreciate fast. My other car is a '10 Tacoma 4X4 with 80K on it, and I thought about trading this Rav4 back in on a new loaded Tacoma a few weeks ago. My son is grabbing my Tacoma. The dealer offered me $8K less than what I paid for my Rav4 for it in trade for a new Tacoma. I thought that was abusive from JW Toyota in STL. Now I'm keeping this RAV4 for 200K miles. I'm going to look for a used certified new style Tacoma to buy, or wait for a Hilux Diesel. The Tacoma is one of the lowest depreciating cars made. Sadly, Lexuses drop like lead bricks in depreciation. My GF has a 2007 Prius with 180K on it, and it is still running and looks pretty good. All the taxi companies are switching over to Toyota Hybrids, so we should know that these hybrids are going to last...