6 of 12 people found this review helpful
Prius Vs need MODDING!
By vpower on
Vehicle2013 Toyota Prius v Two 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
ReviewI bought my Prius V for its roominess and fuel economy.
Then I found it lacked a lot in handling. Better than a Prius sedan but still lacking. The long body is a "dishrag", begging to be stiffened.
Luckily I found "Juiced Hybrid" in Redwood City, CA and the parts I needed to make it go really handle as it should.
Now, with all handling parts installed it handles FAR better and is much safer in emergency maneuvers.
1. three underbody stiffener braces
2. 17" ENKEI RPF1 wheels and Yokohama V rated 215/50/17 tires
3. front and rear sway bars
4. strut tower bar
5. 5% stiffer and 1" lower coil springs
6. INJEN cold air intake system with MAF sensor attachment port (slightly more power and slightly better highway mpg.)
I've installed some electronics mods:
1. Prius V specific LED fog lights
2. LED running lights (in the grille)
3. shark fin antenna (body color matched)
4. LED interior lights
5. hard-wired line for my Garmin GPS
6. LED lighted rear bumper lights replaced the reflectors
My next hybrid will likely be a Toyota RAV. I need more road clearance and AWD.
Toyota needs to improve its hybrid electric motors. More POWER is needed!
- Parking aids
Comments (0) Post a Comment
You must be signed in to post a comment.