Used 2013 Toyota Prius v Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Prius v Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius v model:

Great Urban Commuter
By Mike Burkes

2013 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If you are looking for a car with great mileage around town and on short jaunts, this is a great choice for you. The V style has tons of room for cargo. I have hauled some pretty big stuff! The major drawback is long trips. The comfort level goes down significantly in my opinion. There is a lot of engine noise when traveling on grades through mountains, etc. A lot of highway noise too. I have found that with the low profile of the vehicle, you have opposing headlights directly at your eye level. This is very tiring too.

2013 Prius v Five - What a car!
By Peter Carpenter

2013 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have been driving this vehicle for about 6 months (bought it in Sep 2016) and love it! The Prius is a dream to drive with nearly all the features you'd want to make your trips a pleasure. Although the acceleration isn't great, its pickup from low speed is impressive. With the CVT there is no shifting, so it's really smooth. This is the 3rd Prius I've owned, and they get better with each model year! I have had to spend nothing on maintenance beyond tires, oil and filter changes, wiper blades, etc. on this or my previous Prii. Not even brakes were touched (or required of be replaced) with my previous Prius that had almost 130K miles on it when I sold it. I highly recommend this car to anyone who wants an economical, reliable auto.

why sell my great prius V?
By John Burns

2013 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am looking for 4wd, winter hardy, higher seating. Nothing wrong with the Prius except it is a lighter weight vehicle, with only front wheel drive. Unfortunately, I would have to trade in to a market now strong in SUV's, and with gas prices dropping, not so good for gas-efficient cars. I am still happy with the Prius V, 40 mpg, reliable, roomy. I don't have to change, so I won't.

weak in the hills
By C. Woods

2013 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great driving in the city, and in the flats. A bit gut-less on the hills, and on-ramps. Even in Power Mode, the Prius is weak in the mountains.

A great buy
By URI HAREL

2013 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought it with 19 k miles at 50% original price 3 years old very comfortable a great sest plenty of space i get about 45 miles per gallon on a daily commute the adaptive cruise control rocks especially in the stop and go traffic lights are great the panoramic roof storage. Will fit my surf board right in it and it is a big one too the dealer was really nice and took a good care of me love it and hoping to get a great use out of it