Used 2009 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 300 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

I want to keep this car forever
By judy haglund

2009 Toyota Corolla XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love all aspects of this car. My grand children love riding in this car, especially the sun roof. They compare it to a convertible. They are boys aged 14 and 17. I think this is my favorite car, and have no interest in replacing it.

Toyota Reliability
By B A Miller

2009 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Totally Reliable. 10 years of no problems!

I must have got the lemon...
By Jeremy

2009 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We got a 2009 Corolla S with about 95,000 miles on it for about $12k 5 years ago. During this time we have put about 60k miles on it and had to do the following repairs: Alternator (103,000), front wheel bearing (142,000), head gasket (149,000), transmission (155,000). For the miles per $, this is the worst and most expensive car we have ever had. And yes, we have regularly changed the fluids and kept up on the routine maintenance.

Small and easy to handle
By Julie

2009 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The car is great to park and get around in the city. It has a great turning radius and is very easy to maneuver on tight streets. To much inside noise is my only complaint and I think that is because you are low to the ground.

200,000 miles
By 77thue77

2009 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car when it was year old with about 10,000 miles and it just turned over 200,000 miles. There are two things this car does fantastically 1. RELIABILITY and 2. GAS MILEAGE. Only a few minor things have needed to be fixed over the past 9 years on this vehicle, it is a champ and continues to run very well. This car could easily last a few more years. Now, this car is about the most uninspiring and bland driving experience I have ever had in a car, so make no mistake, there is nothing fun about driving this car - however if you love saving money by having a low cost of ownership, it is a blast!!