Skip to main content

Used Corolla for Sale
Select your model:
12345...62

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Our best car ever!

Dave C., 10/12/2015
S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Cons: It's noisy on the highway (probably due to limited interior insulation). Pros: Extremely reliable; We bought it new in June, 2008 and now (Oct., 2015) are still driving it with over 132,000 miles. The only real repair, other than the wearables, (tires, brakes, etc.) has been a rear wheel hub replacement ($500. expense) which was necessary due to a bad internal sensor. We found out later that a properly-inserted pipe cleaner might have cleaned off the dirty, not defective, sensor and eliminated even that repair expense. We really like our Corolla and consider it to be our most dependable, and economical vehicle evr. PS: We have been driving for 41 years and have had well over 20 vehicles in that time period.

200,000 miles

77thue77, 03/08/2018
LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car when it was year old with about 10,000 miles and it just turned over 200,000 miles. There are two things this car does fantastically 1. RELIABILITY and 2. GAS MILEAGE. Only a few minor things have needed to be fixed over the past 9 years on this vehicle, it is a champ and continues to run very well. This car could easily last a few more years. Now, this car is about the most uninspiring and bland driving experience I have ever had in a car, so make no mistake, there is nothing fun about driving this car - however if you love saving money by having a low cost of ownership, it is a blast!!

2 out of 5 stars

Toyota Reliability

B A Miller, 08/06/2018
LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Totally Reliable. 10 years of no problems!

5 out of 5 stars

An appliance car with personality

Stetler, 07/06/2016
XRS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a car that was very reliable and practical, but also had personality and caught the eye. When you say Corolla, you don't think about the XRS model, but this model is great. The 2.4-liter engine has great pickup with the manual transmission, and climbing grades is a lot better than with the 1.8 liter, with extra power on tap for passing. The interior is cheap, like others say, but it's a Toyota and 7 years old at that, so I am not expecting much. For a guy in his twenties that wanted something awesome but still practical and reliable, I have to say I am in love with my XRS Corolla. I just bought the car yesterday, but I will update this review when I have had it for some more time.

5 out of 5 stars

190,000 Miles of Punishment Endured!

Thomas P., 10/16/2016
LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

For the basic car driver: I was not joking in the title. I push this car harder than it was ever designed to be pushed. The gas pedal is more of an On/Off switch against the floor than something you step on lightly to get up to speed. To account for this, I do early oil changes and transmission services. The car has absolutely no fluid leakage whatsoever and the motor has never once missed on regular gas. Do NOT use premium fuel unless you install an aftermarket turbo and need the additional octane to eliminate detonation. The car hates High Octane fuel, especially on cold starts. For the Home Mechanic: This car is designed for simplicity of operation and service. To swap out the rear suspension, you literally pull 2 large bolts and the whole rear end is able to swing down to replace any component. Little things like this make me love it more. I have also installed 14,000 Lumens of off-road light bars and a 75 watt shortwave HAM radio in it. It took both and the alternator keeps up like a champ. I have modded, manipulated, and punished this car on 1000's of miles of logging roads and mountain passes and it keeps running. Best investment ever!

12345...62