Used 2009 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 301 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Hunka Junk
By J. Flowers

2009 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This must be the only crap car Toyota ever made. I always thought Toyota was a good brand based on my friends and family experiences. It had to go back to the dealer for a week for repair the next day after purchase and it never got better. The latest was a malfunctioning ignition switch. It cost over 700 dollars to replace. I don't drive anywhere out of town because it is so unreliable even though it only has 64 thousand miles on it. It also lost value quickly unlike my previous Hondas and Subaru. The trade-in on this car is so low that I keep it, hoping nothing else will go wrong for awhile. Run don't walk from 2009 Corolla.

I want to keep this car forever
By judy haglund

2009 Toyota Corolla XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love all aspects of this car. My grand children love riding in this car, especially the sun roof. They compare it to a convertible. They are boys aged 14 and 17. I think this is my favorite car, and have no interest in replacing it.

Toyota Reliability
By B A Miller

2009 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Totally Reliable. 10 years of no problems!

I must have got the lemon...
By Jeremy

2009 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We got a 2009 Corolla S with about 95,000 miles on it for about $12k 5 years ago. During this time we have put about 60k miles on it and had to do the following repairs: Alternator (103,000), front wheel bearing (142,000), head gasket (149,000), transmission (155,000). For the miles per $, this is the worst and most expensive car we have ever had. And yes, we have regularly changed the fluids and kept up on the routine maintenance.

Small and easy to handle
By Julie

2009 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The car is great to park and get around in the city. It has a great turning radius and is very easy to maneuver on tight streets. To much inside noise is my only complaint and I think that is because you are low to the ground.