2020 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $4,798
Select your model:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

A major disappointment

coastcontact, 07/30/2020
L 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

This is the LE with the convenience package. shinny plastic dashboard reflects every piece of dust, rear window is far too small and side windows as well as windshield give claustrophobic feeling, technology is woefully inadequate, air conditioning is slow to become effective on a hot day, car hesitates when accelerator is pressed hard, front seats are supportive but do not provide a cushy comfort needed for a long drive.

Unreliable! So disappointed!!

Fairen, 10/13/2020
XSE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

I'm so disappointed in Toyota. I bought a brand new camry in May 2020 and in sept 2020 the battery turned off completely. After a nightmare with toyota trying to get it towed, the dealership can not find the reason why it's having issues and the only explanation is it had to of been struck by lightning! There was no damage to other cars, my carport, anything! I explained this to Toyota and they told me to contact Toyota directly. Each time I call Toyota, I get the run around and am not able to talk to anyone. This will be my last Toyota and I will make sure everyone I know hears about this experience. I'm so upset!!! What is the point of warranties if when something like this happens with NO evidence of damage, they decide not to cover it! Ridiculous!!

The battery gets drained every time!!!

Tsedenia Fikru, 06/30/2020
XSE 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

I would think twice before I buy the Camry 2020. My battery gets drained almost every 3 weeks. The dealer say there is no issue with the vehicle. They know what is wrong with the new Camry 2020 but they don't tell us. There is something which drains the battery. I keep bringing my vehicle every time till I get this issue resolved.

Ad
Build Your Camry
At a Glance:
  • 7 Colors
  • 6 Trims

Battery drain is a major problem!

a person , 09/13/2020
XSE 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

I’ve owned many Toyota’s over the years and this is the first Toyota I traded back into the dealership with less than 500 miles on it because of the battery drain problem that Toyota refuses to acknowledge. Battery went completely dead 3 times and had to be jumped started to get to the dealership and found nothing wrong with the battery. My vehicle sat overnight in all 3 instances. The 2020 Camry as a vehicle is excellent from styling to ride and function but this battery drain issue is major problem that kills the vehicles reliability that Toyota’s are known for.

An upgrade from my 2019 Camry

Cade Milam, 03/22/2020
XSE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

1,540 miles and 2 weeks in, I am happy with my Camry. If you can afford it, get an XLE or XSE with the V6. You won’t regret it. I previously owned a 2019 Camry XSE with the 4 cylinder. I owned the car for about 8 months. Over the course of those 8 months, I was in the shop 8 times for non-routine maintenance issues. First, the Apple Car Play - 3 times. Then, my WiFi I kept paying for would not work - 2 times. After that, my windows would skip when rolling them up and down in the rain - 1 time. And lastly, after supposedly fixing the window issue, both the driver and passenger window fell out of the track on different days - 2 more times. I drove a total of 23,549 miles when they finally told me on my last visit that they recommend trading it in as a lemon, and so I did. I wanted exactly what I had. White with red leather, but none were available. I drove a Rav4, an Avalon and then my sales woman handed me keys to a grey with black leather 2020 XSE V6. I stepped in, not a fan of the black leather (I bought the Camry for the red leather.) But as soon as I drove it, something was different. It felt like it was a completely different car. Smoother, quieter, more taught feeling; like it was put together with nuts and bolts, not glue. It did not rattle, the wifi worked immediately, the windows rolled down as they should. It was a huge sigh of relief, so I said yes. This car is amazing. The power (I shocked a 5.0 Mustang on the interstate because he couldn’t shake me), the sound that silky smooth V6 makes (I did put a custom exhaust on it), it is SO much quieter on the highway and takes bumps so well and so much better than my 2019. My main gripes, however, remain the same - way too sensitive front and rear automatic emergency braking, the speakers rattle and I don’t get the gas mileage that I should be getting. But every single time I get in and drive, I get a smile or get relaxed. I still cannot believe how different the cars are. The cooled seats work well, as does the AC. Heated seats get toasty, quickly. It does lack a heated steering wheel and heated rear seats, but I rarely have people in my back seat. The trunk is adequate, it definitely could be bigger but I prefer more passenger space over trunk space. The headlights are amazing but the automatic high beams can and will flash people. Adaptive Cruise Control is quick to respond and does tend to overreact when someone pulls in front of you. The 360 camera could be better in terms of resolution, but it does give you much more visibility than no cameras at all and pairing them with the very sensitive parking sensors makes for a good team. The transmission is a bit sketchy some times, as it is not that smooth. I thought the recall would fix the issue but it did not. It is easy to confuse it. Though it is quick to shift and quick to respond; putting it in Sport mode improves the transmission. 1,540 miles and 2 weeks in, I am happy with my Camry. If you can afford it, get an XLE or XSE with the V6. You won’t regret it.

12345...15