2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Hybrid model:

Sorry I Bought This Car
By Alex in Moscow

2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

As a several decade long Toyota Camry fan I immediately jumped on the bandwagon and purchased this car in December as they were coming available. I made a mistake. For my first time ever, this Toyota was not ready for prime time. As several people mention the infotainment system which also controls the navigation (an $1800.00 mandatory option) is useless. This also effects all Bluetooth and phone operations which won't work compounded if you have an Apple iPhone. Forget it altogether as the car is barely compatible with anything Apple. I also live in a rural area and everything depends on data which I don't get well or at all in certain area deeming the navigation inoperable when it even works at all. Yes - it rides well and I have no doubt it's a safe and reliable car, but since I bought this top of the line for it mileage and "toys" I'm totally disappointed in both the car and Toyota who will not acknowledge their mistakes. It is the only Camry that they went to the Scout system which the worst. The mileage claim is 49, but that's only the LE model. This car gets 39-41 - terrible for a hybrid. I've talked to the dealer and they "try" to care but they don't and at this point I'll hold on for a year to get some value and then move on to a different brand. So disappointed in this model of what was a favorite car of mine - so sorry I turned in my 2013 on this horrible "upgrade".

Great car, horrible navigation systen
By Judy

2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love the car. I’ve owned since Jan but I am continually frustrated by the proprietary Nav system. It’s awful and I suggest looking at other vehicles. Hopefully Toyota offers CarPlay soon for the Camry.

miscalculation
By Hermanator

2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Toyota certainly miscalculated when they decided to forgo a true on board navigation system for their own terrible system. Scout is a phone based system but the better phone nav apps are unavailable, only the oversimplified and inadequate Scout The entune 3 system does not work with the current apple ios systems. When the phone is tethered to car, the totally inadequate scout maps are available but the other entune 3 apps are NOT. To get the other included apps the phone must be unattached and Bluetooth is used. The claim by Toyota that their system will not encourage distracted driving is completely false as to use the entune 3 system the phone must be connected for navigation and unattached for all other entertainment apps, Pandora etc. Distracting to say the least as the driver must plug in and out constantly as you drive, It may be true that Apple has sabotaged entune 3 because Toyota refused to use car play prior to the 20118 model year. Why did Toyota not use apple car play? They state it is to discourage distracted driving, It more realistically involves licensing fees. If you want a true navigation system and useable internet entertainment apps DO NOT GET THIS VEHICLE.

great car so far
By hollichrl@verizon.net

2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Drive it yourself

Avoid Scout GPS Navigation at all cost!
By COBOL_GUY

2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If I didn't like my Toyota 2018 Camry Hybrid XLE so much, I would sell it because of this app. My model only had this app version available and I hate it. It takes me 5 minutes before each trip to set up. It consistently breaks down even when connected via USB. It doesn't show exits coming up, it doesn't show road speed limits. One time it kept on routing me through local roads when I wanted to go via highway. I checked the setting and it said It allowed highways, but it didn't. I had to uninstall and reinstall it to get it to work. Once active, there is no pause setting, and when I want it to exit, it keeps on popping up on my smartphone and I have to kill it through utility apps. It is pain in the you know what and I am very angry with Toyota that this was the only option available to me. THIS APP IS TERRIBLE and it isn't my smartphone (Samsung 7S Edge, nor my carrier Verizon, nor me - I work in IT and am a programmer). They plan on charging me for this app in a few years, good luck with that. In addition, the wireless charging station is not powerful enough and keeps on losing the phone. For my Android phone which charges wirelessly at home, I have to remove the cover even to attempt charging in the car. The platform it rests on is smooth, therefore, when you are moving the phone has a tendency to slide off the charging platform (poor design).