2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Hybrid model:

Great Car
By Alberto

2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

So many here said not buying/regretting buying the car because of... navigation! And that's a deal breaker? lol Anyway, I love this car. I am getting 57 mpg doing 75 to 80 mph with the aircon on! And I am not a conservative driver. My only complaint is the braking. It is so touchy (aided braking that's why) but other than that, the car is awesome. The feature I love best is the Radar Cruise Control. Set your speed to 80mph then follow a truck. Let the truck driver do the stopping and going for you. Just glimpse at him once in a while to make sure you don't end up somewhere else. lol

Hybrid Camry XLE
By mthopper

2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Toyota tends to discriminate against hybrid buyers, when it comes to features and car style. I traded a 2013 Prius, which had more functionality than the 2018 Camry Hybrid. The dealership did not tell me that a new cell phone was required to operate the GPS in the dash until after I signed the paperwork, requiring me to go out and buy a new one, adding another $1000 to the price of the car. Apparently, gas models have built in GPS, but hybrids require a cell phone. The GPS in my 2013 didn't require a phone; it just worked well as a supplement when my cell phone GPS lost cell signal. Now, I don't have that back up in rural areas. The "Scout" app needed for the GPS tracks you everywhere you go, a privacy concern, and it burns up your phone battery. I am not happy that Toyota has cheapened its technology. I actually wanted the SLE body style, but that didn't come in a hybrid. On the flip side, the safety features and intuitive headlights are great. The charcoal-colored leather seats are beautiful and comfortable. The dashboard style is unimaginative. The glove box is too small. The flat, cell charging station does not charge very fast. I'm getting 40 MPG, while I expected to get closer to the 45-47 promised. If I had it to do over, I would just keep the 2013 Prius and forget this car.

Brake noise 2018 Toyota Hybrid XLE - Toyota HQ
By jim

2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Brake noise 2018 Toyota Hybrid XLE - Toyota HQ refused to fixed the noise coming from the Master Cylinder booster.. The service department has looked at the noise problem twice and said it is common noise. I disagree, the clunky sound while baking up and parking in a parking lot is not normal. Toyota of Orange CA sold me a lemon

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR !!!!!!
By David

2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my new 2018 Cambry on June 22, 2018 When we picked the car up the GPS did not work. We were told that it was because our mobile phone was not up to date and their phone did not have the proper password for our unit. We purchased the latest smart phone and it still didn't work. Took it back to the dealer and all they could do was give us the phone # of tech support. My wife has spent 15 to 20 hours trying to get the problem solved to no avail. We also had to buy a second smart phone so we could each have one to drive this car. We found out that after three years Entune charges for their navigation system. Yesterday my wife researched this problem on line and found hundreds of similar complaints. So far Toyota is doing nothing to resolve this issue. Today my dealer, Vaden Toyota in Sylacauga, Al, told me he has never heard of a similar problem and to bring it in (again) and he would have someone look at it (again). Had we known that the navigation system required smart phones to operate and would be so difficult to set up we would not have purchased the car.

Gas Saver
By Al

2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The fuel economy is great, getting an average of 44 + MPG. Car is not peppy if you are used to a high performance V 6 but the car will merge well onto highway when needed. The leather seats are comfortable but a bit too firm (I find my Sequoia cloth seats more comfortable on long trips). The process of finding the car via Edmunds was very positive.