Used 2013 Tesla Model S Consumer Reviews

Used Model S for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Best car I've ever owned, could never go back

John Sanders, 11/06/2015
4dr Sedan (electric DD)

I like to drive cars hard, but hated sticking $70 in the pump every week. I drive a lot and hate driving hybrids with CVTs. So when I could get an all electric performance car I took the plunge. I usually prefer coupes to sedans, but since Tesla no longer made the Roadster, I went with the Model S. I couldn't be happier. The service is excellent, especially compared with my wife's Lexus. If there's ever a problem, Tesla sends a valet out to get my car, leaves me a brand new loaner, fixes and washes it, and then brings it back to my house, all for free. The car is big, but it still gets close to double Prius efficiency, all while I drive it as fast as I want. Charging at home is also very convenient compared to stopping for gas. The only drawback for me is it is slightly more prone to interior rattles than my past vehicles. This could be because it doesn't make any engine noise, but overall it's still much quieter.

Tesla is to cars what Apple is to phones.

drbones911, 05/21/2013
Performance 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

I have approximately 7000 miles on this signature, performance version of the Tesla S. The car grabs a lot of attention and drives like a dream machine. I've driven the car from Boston to New York City then into New Jersey and back again with no problems. Other than that, I never really need to use an outside charging station since I charge it each night in my garage at home. This car is not just for local commutes. The car of the future is already here and still many still people don't believe that it's possible. Great job Tesla!

Great drivetrai + beta software

evdriver1, 10/21/2014
4dr Sedan (electric DD)

I own 2013 model 85 that has 17k miles on it. Great drivetrain, power and handling. Interior is good but not on par with Germans. Quality of materials and assembly probably like Volvo. 2014 models may be better. Fortunately Tesla have been fixing squeks, creaks and leaks. Drive unit developed whine, replaced. Sunroof seals replaced. Glovebox stuck, replaced. Software is hit and miss, feels like perpetual beta. Service center is useless if issue is in software. 4.x was OK. 5.0 - garage opener started to work every other time. Some next version fixed it. 5.11 randomly rebooted. 5.12 seemed stable. 6.0 added calendar which doesnt sync with iphone 6. Make sure you read forums and blog comments. UPD: Sold at 30K. Did not buy another. Will wait some until software stabilizes. Don't feel like paying $100K to be a tester.

A game changer!

richard_d, 10/18/2013
Performance 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

Well, add me to the long list of people that switched from a high performance ICE vehicle to a Tesla. I had the new 2012 Porsche 911S, which is a great car in its own right. However, the instant torque and acceleration of the Tesla is something you need to experience to understand. With no gears to shift, the acceleration is smooth and endless. The suspension on the P85+ keeps the car flat while cornering, but somehow manages to provide a comfortable ride at the same time. The touch screen is beautiful and works very well. We were going to get an Audi Q7 or Porsche Cayenne for my wife, but we now have the Tesla Model X SUV on order!

Great Car - Wish I could afford a second!

josh_b, 07/24/2013
4dr Sedan (electric DD)

Hi everyone, Like you I was skeptical at first that an EV could be as enjoyable to drive as one with an ICE and as green as described. I can now say that after 14,000 trouble free kilometeres and no issues, my 'S has been all of the above and more. I have hauled four people and their equipment around all day, driven all over southern Ontario without issue or anxiety and saved countless tanks of gas from being burned. (I drive a lot.) It's great to see technology, but moreso great to see technology implemented smartly. (Not just for its own sake.) The car is reliable and a joy to drive!

12345...7