2018 Subaru WRX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Subaru WRX Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific WRX model:

2018 WRX Premium: 12K
By Aaron

2018 Subaru WRX Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Pros: Exterior appearance and design is appealing; performance is reasonable given the displacement; suspension is stiff and responsive; interior design is appealing; sporty comfortable for a rally type vehicle. Cons: Interior rattles from rear deck lid no revision on the part so you'll have to deal with this on your own; door panel rattle and no revision for this issue; quality of the sound system is disappointing even with speaker upgrades; rear brake/wheel rattles at 0 miles that the dealer still cannot pin-point; and the most frustrating is knocking/ loose sounding of front strut; I've had both front struts warranty out at 5K and only temporarily fixed the issue. Thus again, no revision on the struts so your stuck with it out go aftermarket performance, Overall: It's reasonable car based on its performance and appearance, but significant corners have been cut on quality initiatives. For a vehicle that has supposed to have performance suspension to experience strut failures at 5K is absolutely unacceptable. Subaru design engineers and supplier of the struts should had developed a revision for this issue long ago. I'll most likely drive the vehicle a few more years, but unfortunately quite possibly my first and last Subaru.

Most exciting car I've ever owned!
By VoodooTexas

2018 Subaru WRX Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

My husband and I recently bought a 2018 Subaru WRX Limited with a CVT transmission. I have to say, the tuner in me wanted a 6MT, however, the Mom in me really needed the CVT. I have to say we made the right decision. I love this car! I love that, in a world of bus SUV's, my car stands out. This car is by far not a cookie cutter ride.

Transmission problem!!!
By Ulanbek Jakypbekov

2018 Subaru WRX Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just purchased my WRX in August 2018 and was very happy, but at 832 miles driving my manual transmission broke (doesn’t accept reverse, 2nd gearshift). I am have 10 year manual transmission driving experience and I was babysitting this car. I took on tow truck to the dealership and they ordered part which needs to wait 1 week. I am very disappointed.

My new ride
By Natalie

2018 Subaru WRX Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I highly reccomend the upgrade on the shifter.

My Affordable Dream Car
By TomVangTV

2018 Subaru WRX Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Check out my YouTube channel on realistic ownership perspectives and how to buy a Subaru WRX under MSRP @ YouTube.com/TomVangTV. I saved up 3 years to finally be able to afford this WRX. It is very refined, pretty quick, and an all-around Jack of all trades. I can’t praise this vehicle enough. Get behind the wheel of this car and you will understand what I mean. I average 28-30+ MPG on a full tank premium at 400 miles off this car. It is fast when I want it to, and tamed when I want it to. It gets attention and there’s no buyer’s remorse. I promise you this vehicle is very solid. And worst case scenario if this car doesn’t fit your need, the slow rate of depreciation will help get you back on your feet.