Used 2013 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

Second Outback
By chris

2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is an awesome car! It is quiet driving, comfortable, handles great and feels like riding a unicorn in snow and ice. On the not so happy side, navigation is useless. Phone book (contacts) load each time the car is turned on. There is no storage for contacts and the upload is slow. This is a 2013 so it was probably top notch at the time. I have driven many loaners from the dealer that are new and the infotainment is much better and navigation too. This car does not correct the steering when using eyesight. I rate this car with 5 stars. It is my second outback.

Outstanding Subaru Outback
By Gaston

2013 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Out of all the cars (GM, Ford, Dodge, Mini, Mercedes, Volvo) that we have owned for over 50+ years; this is the BEST by far in regards to overall car quality, comfort, safety, noise, ride and maintenance.

It's (almost) got it all.
By Dr. Leon R. Ringl

2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car is not an eye-stopper unless you live where it snows or rains heavily. Excellent ground clearance, easy oil changes, and excellent side and rear vision. Stable for light towing. The 2013 Outback was a bit noisy, which has been corrected. Gas mileage was just okay, but now greatly improved. We have had 13 Subarus over 25 years and NEVER HAD A SERIOUS MECHANICAL PROBLEM. NONE!!!

2013 Outback
By David Bryant

2013 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This has been my longest owned vehicle, and best to date. The overall practicality with minimal compromise is what sold me. I've been please with fuel economy, reliability, and over liveability of the car.

Great except headlights, road noise, phone connect
By Gregory Hickey

2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Serves us well at our mountain home. 90% highway miles with a lead foot gets us 25 MPG. Road noise is exceptionally high. My F-150 is extremely more quiet. I could rip out seats and put sound deadening material as I did on a Toyota, but that is a lot of trouble. This is our second Outback, but I would never buy another one because of the extreme inconvenience in replacing headlight bulbs. A serious design flaw is the bulbs are accessible only by removing the snaps inside the wheel wells! Also, the 0-20 weight oil is like water and has required adding 1/2 quart of oil between oil changes. Additionally, cell phones are very difficult to connect to the vehicle and have frequently been "bumped out" and required re-programming. Interior needs reading lights in the rear. Seat-backs have no storage. Seats are very comfortable and have lots of leg room. Got 64k miles on the first set of tires and has never been out of alignment despite driving on bumpy BLM roads in river beds and over curbs. I We wish Subaru made a bigger vehicle like the Mitsubishi Montero Sport (body on frame. This Subie
has very good acceleration for a 4 Cylinder. We paid invoice for the Subie and got it a week before it was formally released. Road noise is the worst problem.