Used 2013 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews

Used Outback for Sale
Select your model:
12345...23

Pros
Cons

Not as good as I had hoped for.

sknaffl4, 12/23/2013
2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This Outback is my first Subaru, and sadly, it will probably be my last. I had high expectations for this car considering the excellent reviews from prior models, but now that I've got 40,000 miles on it, I'm not impressed. It burns 1 quart of oil every 1000-1200 miles, which Subaru says is normal. There is a constant vibration at hwy speeds that is NOT tire related. There are large gaps in the body panels, and the hatch doesn't even line up...indicating poor build quality. The seat is already starting to deform, and I'm not a big person. There is a constant rattle on deceleration, and the stock stereo speakers are probably the worst I've ever seen.

Impressive Machine

jetpilot767, 08/28/2012
3.6R Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2013 Outback 3.6 Limited last month. Since then I have traveled from Georgia to New Hampshire to Michigan and Illinois visiting family and friends. All told, I put 3400 miles on the car very quickly. I had been looking at the Outback for several years since my 2002 BMW X-5 was getting a bit long of tooth. I am glad I did because just about all the complaints from other reviewers of the 2010- 2012 models have been resolved. The more I drive this car, the more I enjoy it. And it will go places that other crossovers only dream about.

45,000 Miles Later

Jeffrey, 09/10/2015
2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned my 2013 2.5i Limited Outback for the past 2.5 years now. I live in the SF Bay Area. It's been on several road trips. The most recent to Vancouver Canada. I've taken the car off-roading in Washington state and Utah. It handled off-roading very well. In the winter, I take it to Lake Tahoe for awesome snowboarding adventures. It's very grippy and I trust Subaru's AWD system over other car brands. Slip and grip AWD system, no thanks! LOL! It is my daily driver. It gets decent mpg. In the city, I'm averaging 24 mpg and on the highway 27 mpg. Not bad for the size and AWD. It has a CVT with 173 hp. When I purchased the vehicle, I knew I wasn't buying a sports car. If I wanted a zippier model, I would have opted for the 3.6R. The only issue I've had is oil consumption. However, there is a warning light that comes on. I've read other reviews where people claim their tanks were completely empty. These people must be idiots because there is a sensor that indicates that oil level is getting low before it is completely empty. All my cars I've owned had that warning. Otherwise, it is very reliable. As an experienced person who has gone on dozens of road trips, I always carry engine coolant and engine oil no matter the vehicle. The car has a very spacious interior. My only gripe is the hard plastic dash (which was replaced with soft-touch materials for the 2015 and newer models). This car fits my lifestyle. I wanted an outdoor vehicle with high ground clearance that wasn't an SUV, but had the capabilities of one. The Subaru Outback did just that.

Best Subaru Yet!

poohbaru, 02/02/2013
3.6R Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Had the car now since Sept 2012, my 6th Subaru and the best so far. My first was a 84' GL wagon and I've been in love with Subaru's ever since. They are more refined now and offer a lot more creature comforts but still have that unique character that makes a Subaru a Subaru. I have the 3.6R Limited with EyeSight (thought about the Special Appearance Package but opted for safety over a couple of additional gadgets). Very glad I did. The EyeSight system is AWESOME. It has saved me from a few close calls and actually prevented me from hitting a deer. I had a 06 LL Bean Outback (also a great car) couldn't believe how much roomier it was and love that I can use regular gas versus high test

10,000 Mile Review

bostonbulldog, 12/31/2012
2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We recently passed 10,000 miles on our 2.5 Outback Limited. I'll state right up front that so far we love this car. We have not had any realibility concerns and it has performed very well. The new engine and 2nd gen CVT work well together, and we find the drivetrain to be very responsive. We have been averaging 26/27 mpgs in mixed driving. Driveability and traction in bad weather has been great! On the downside, the mpgs have gone down since winter has arrived, although we have been using the remote start a lot. The premium radio is good but not on par with offerings from other mfrs, and the SAT radio seems to cut out a lot. Overall though it is proving out to be a good purchase.

12345...23