Used 2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon Consumer Reviews

Used Impreza for Sale
Select your model:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

Happy so far

theKman, 09/07/2005
2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

In a little under a year of driving this vehicle, I have had zero problems with it. I chose it for its AWD here in New England, even though I work for a Toyota dealer. It appealed to me much more than the AWD Matrix. I expected a little more power from the engine, and assume it's soaked up a bit from the AWD, but I'm glad I chose the 2.5RS over the WRX. I couldn't justify the $5,000+ premium over the 2.5, plus the WRX requires premium gas. The interior is pleasing to the eye, and very comfortable for my 6'3", 230lb. frame. The base factory audio system is extremely lacking in features and sound quality. I appreciate the functionality of the wagon and the folding rear seats.

Versatile!

DD, 07/20/2008
WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is meant to be driven hard, and it's loads of fun when driven hard. I wish the turbo would be more readily available, but what's really great about the car is the value for money - AWD, Turbo, Sporty, and a Wagon. It's a great blend of features I was looking for. It's practical, affordable, and a lot of fun to drive as a sporty car. It's my first new car, and it's been rock solid so far. No complaints.

Great car, way more fun than many others

MFK, 12/19/2008
Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I used to own a 1999 Legacy/Outback, I purchased this car (2005 Impreza Outback Sport) w/12000 miles and have found it to be a blast to drive. It was literally the car purchased by the little old lady (dealer put in a new clutch before putting it on the lot, I purchased Subaru warranty). Ironically, before I went Subaru in the beginning, I was driving V-8 Mustangs, the Impreza is way more fun, it is nimble, sure footed and safe and has great visibility. Compared to it's peers it is an all weather handling beast without over steer, under steer or torque steer (an FWD plague). The other car I have access to is a 2006 Nissan Maxima...I never touch it.

Great car, no complaints here

mfk3, 02/14/2009
Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 1999 Legacy Outback, went to trade it in and found this 2005 Impreza Outback w/14000 miles on it, I liked the style better than the 2008 Impreza Outback. I bought it as a Subaru CPO car and have never looked back or wanted for something else. In fact I looked at Mustang V-8's first (nostalgia), drove an Impreza RS and I was totally hooked on the Impreza. It felt like more of a performance machine than the Mustang.

Handles like no other

usmm01, 08/17/2009
WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I am a loyal fan of Subaru, our old impreza was a 97 outback sport. This is my first purchase of a turbo. We are pleased with the WRX as usual with handling and fuel economy w/ cruise hwy. 29.5 mpg @ 65- 70mph! City 23mpg. I will own nothing but Subaru.

12345...11