Used 2004 Subaru Forester Wagon Consumer Reviews

Used Forester for Sale
Select your model:
1...56789...50

Pros
Cons

The Enthusiasts' Family Vehicle

kameojoon, 01/23/2004
XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Amazing power. Subaru must under rate the power/torque on these cars. I've seen dyno results of stock XT's that would support this. The responsiveness is nothing short of amazing for a sub $30k vehicle with ample seating for 4 adults. Great handling and all wheel drive versatility. This is a great performer that will give lots of higher end performance cars a run for their money. Exceptional sleeper.

What a great mix of performance/utility

Fullserve, 02/27/2004
XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have been a performance car enthusiast all of my life. Alas, with a second baby added to the family, it was time to move to something bigger and more "practical." I drove several "good" cars in those categories to replace my Cobra, but none which would make me really happy. Finally, I heard about the XT. WOW is all I have to say! Within one minute I knew I had found the car. This car is a total blast to drive (now that I'm over my break-in!) and I am very impressed so far with the build quality and ride. The AWD is just second to none. Now I look forward to storms coming through! I cannot wait to take it to the mountains to try it in the snow.

STi in disguse

Foos, 11/19/2007
XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Overall, this is the best car I have ever had. You have all the utility of a station wagon/SUV, but the guts of a sports car. With a little bit of tuning, this car competes with a stock STi. Without a doubt this is the wolf in the sheep's clothing.

In the 5th Year I'm still lovin' Subie

Elizabeth, 03/20/2008
XT AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I migrated from a Jeep 6 cyl to the Subaru Forester XT. I was looking for comfort, safety, power, and a great looking ride. I saw my Subie and fell in love. I added the smart mirror and command start, the only two options not already there. The defrosting and seat warmers and that fact my car is smart enough to blow cold air in the winter initially means I never have foggy windows. How much more could I ask for? I'm so glad I made the choice for this head turning vehicle. Each time I fill I am asked about Subie. I draw unusual attention when I cart my 16 foot canoe on top the factory racks.

right on the mark

REEBUS, 06/05/2003
X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Subaru really hit a bullseye with this 2003 Forester model.I have a silver 2.5x model that came packaged with the optional security alarm, armrest extender, mudguards,chrome tailpipe and hood deflector. This crossover suv is sized right and looks sharp, with very good room, comfort and performance.With its venerable boxer engine, all wheel drive and ABS standard, along with a host of other amenities, it truly is a great value for the price!

1...56789...50