2017 Subaru Crosstrek Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Subaru Crosstrek Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crosstrek model:

Crosstrek converted us from a Toyota Family
By M.Meeker

2017 Subaru Crosstrek 2.0i PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After 20+ years of owning only Toyota's - 3 Corrollas, 1 Sienna, Pickups, 1 Lexus - the Crosstrek broke our trend. We tried 4 different Toyota, Honda and Kia models while shopping for this car and felt for the cost, that the Subaru gave us everything we wanted with better visibility and a little more sportiness in a smaller SUV style. We needed a 4 door vehicle with ease of transporting elderly persons. Getting into and out of the backseat in some models requires maneuvering over the back wheel. The Subaru has an even level entry and exit with few obstacles. We also needed an occasional opportunity to fold down seats and haul materials. The front seats need to be moved forward to accommodate the head rest. That could work more smoothly but is the only negative I've hit so far. The paddle shifting appeals to the younger driver in our family and the overall size is easy to park. Works for the specs we set out to meet with car purchase.

Demanding shopper....
By Mike

2017 Subaru Crosstrek 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Compare, compare,compare....once done, this vehicle clearly stands out as best value for the money...from re-sale to safety. This is a.GREAT vehicle.

Love it
By Potts

2017 Subaru Crosstrek 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Good looking comfortable good fuel economy safe. Good aftermarket goodies to buy too

Fun, Quality Small SUV
By BillE

2017 Subaru Crosstrek 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my Premium in July 2017, and here it is, six months and 4500 miles later. I still love this car! It is quite peppy and does have adequate acceleration. No, you won't win a 1/4-mile drag race, but it has the power to get up and go, as well as get out of its own way. The handling is nothing short of amazing. It sticks to the road like glue and I had to get used to it handling so well. The heating and cooling work VERY well and are much better than I'm used to. In PA, we can go from hot to cold weather quickly and this car keeps me quite comfy. Visibility is excellent without any blind spots. The moonroof is a very nice option and really opens up the interior nicely. Suspension handles the bumps in the roads nicely and I hardly notice them. We've had some snow recently and the AWD just laughed at it. Traction is amazingly smooth and tight. Even in the rain, I can feel how tight this car sticks to the road. This is my first Subaru after being a Dodge man (30 years of ownerships) all my life, and it certainly won't be my last. My only complaints are: A) the mileage is not what I expected and think it could be better. In winter, I am only averaging 23 MPG, which is worse than my 2009 Avenger SXT 6-cylinder which gets 24 MPG. I was under the impression this vehicle would obtain 26 MPG in winter, but it doesn't. Summer is fine, having hit 29-30 MPG (mix, city and highway). B) When shifting from drive to reverse, or reverse to drive, there is a pause in the transmission. Maybe it's the way a CVT works, I don't know, but it is annoying. If you're backing out of a driveway onto a busy street, make sure you don't have to gun it right away because it WILL pause. C) The entertainment software seems clunky and is limited, but it does what I need, so it's not the biggest issue. I have all my musing on a 32GB flash drive and have it plugged into the USB in the console, and it works well. Overall, this is a well-built, solid quality car that I am more than happy to have purchased, and I would purchase another without any hesitation. The reason I bought a 2017 model instead of waiting for the 2018 models was due to color. I preferred the Desert Khaki of the 2017 model over any other color the 2018 came in.

Chillin' in the Adirondacks
By RDV

2017 Subaru Crosstrek 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Love my new 2018 Crosstrek in pearl white. Two weeks of snow and bitter cold in central adirondacks with trips to the slopes and Nordic trails. Great handling in snow on unimproved roads. Also very confident on one lane highways. No problems passing plowtrucks and Sunday drivers. 34.9 mpg on trip to to Philly. Thought the heated seats seeemed too warm until temp dropped to -20F this week. Cozy. Impressed with tech and connectivity to iPhone. Very intuitive. Base audio is excellent. Can't wait to take on local jeep trails come trout season. No reservations.