It would seem that our small sacrifices to the driving enthusiast gods — an O-ring here, some brake pads there — worked: The BRZ is hanging around for a second generation. This lively sport coupe, along with its Scion/Toyota 86 sibling, generated a lot of hype back when it debuted for 2013. But the BRZ hasn't changed much since then, leaving us to wonder whether Subaru would just pull the plug entirely. Now we know Subaru is committed to keeping the BRZ going and enthusiasts everywhere can rejoice.
Is the Subaru BRZ a good car?
What's new in the 2022 Subaru BRZ?
According to Edmunds’ car experts, here’s what’s new for the 2022 Subaru BRZ:
- Redesigned for 2022
- New 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine with more power
- Updated interior and driver-focused technology features
- Kicks off the second BRZ generation
Is the Subaru BRZ reliable?
Is the 2022 Subaru BRZ a good car?
How much should I pay for a 2022 Subaru BRZ?
The least-expensive 2022 Subaru BRZ is the 2022 Subaru BRZ Premium 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M). Including destination charge, it arrives with a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of about $27,995.
Other versions include:
- Premium 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M) which starts at $27,995
- Limited 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6A) which starts at $32,295
- Limited 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M) which starts at $30,495
- Premium 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6A) which starts at $29,595