Used 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Consumer Reviews

Used B9 Tribeca for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...39

Pros
Cons

Love the car, HATE the headlights!

Hope Stewart, 03/28/2009

This is a great car. Very comfortable, great ease in getting in and out of car. Smooth ride, fun to drive except at night. Low beam headlights are horrible, especially in rural Montana with not streetlights, just a lot of deer. Extremely dangerous! I have to drive with high beams to see, but this is not always possible with oncoming traffic and weather conditions. We have taken it to Subaru shop several times and another mechanic, and nothing can be done. If I had test driven this car at night, I wouldn't have bought it. The lights take away from all of the great things that I love about this car. I am afraid to drive it at in the dark, but I have to in the winter. Car is dangerous at night!

Boring

Mari, 03/06/2009

I enjoyed my SUV at first, but I've experienced numerous quirks the past year. My tire pressure light flashes off and on, regardless of the actual tire pressure. I've gotten to feel like every drive I make will end up with a flat tire, I'm getting paranoid. Even if the AC/Heat is off, I still feel air coming in from the outside. The radio volume goes up and down when it wants to. The seatbelt buzz is annoying, especially when I have to "buckle up" library books and the such.The door locks have been repaired and replaced 3 times. Any one else out there having these same problems or is it just my car???

Final pick

DLS, 05/21/2005

Sorry, will pick up Tribeca in 2 days. Just arrived on showroom floor today - but did take a 1 hour test drive. For 2 months have looked at Mercedes C & E, BMW 5, Audi A4&6, MDX, RX330, and Volvo XC70. MDX getting mixed reviews and low mileage for 45K. RX330 is plush with nice features but again 45K with Navigation. Mercedes, BMW and Audi getting mediocre marks from CR on reliability. FINALLY found a car with the right features and performance for the right price. This car is as quiet as the RX330. Zero road noise and a whisper of wind noise at 70 mph. Hwy MPG = mid-20's. Excellent radio, Nav, AWD, loaded with safety features and (hopefully) Subaru's good rep. Car is tight, responsive and solid.

Headlights are horrible

Janice, 07/22/2010

I am having a horrible time with headlights. Very little light and hard to see about 12 to 15 feet in front of car. Had headlights adjusted multiple times. So frustrating. Anyone have this problem?

Satisfied

OM, 04/16/2010

Bought this car in 2005. Handles the Michigan snow great. One of the best handling cars out there. The engine is a little weak for the size of the car and the gas mileage is poor for a 3.0 liter. Interior is nice and comfortable, and quality is good. If maintained properly the car will be in great mechanical condition.

12345...39