Used 2007 Scion tC Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Scion tC

View reviews for a specific tC model:

2007 Tc Burning Oil Excessively
By George D

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Be aware of the excessive oil consumption of this car. My 2007 Tc started burning oil at around 50,000 miles when the oil lamp turned on. Toyota extended the warranty but will not fix it for some reason. They will tell you to take oil consumption tests until the warranty runs out in 2016. Google this problem and you will know more. I will not recommend anyone buying any Scion car until Toyota commits to fixing this problem.

This is a sporty looking car only
By buckeyedrifter

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had to get rid of my TC 2.5 years because of an accident so I figured now would be a good time to write a review. Things I liked:
Fun car to drive for a Toyota
Great car to learn/relearn manual
Very flexible so easy to haul big things

Things I didn't like:
Not very good in rain/snow
Tires wore out too quickly
Mileage would go down unless driven perfectly on a perfect road
Very bland handling
Too much body roll
No LSD
Too high a center of gravity
Both tuner and regular maintenance parts are expensive

This car only looks sporty and definitely doesn't drive or handle that way. There is way too much body roll and the suspension is way too soft to handle corners. The gear ratios are also very short and the car is desperate for a sixth gear. Even for a commuter car, the car was laughably pathetic in the rain and even more so in the snow. I currently drive a RWD Camaro and the Camaro is laughably better in the snow even without winter tires. All in all, if all you plan on doing is going from A to B, relearn/learn manual or want something stylish, then the car is worth it. But if you're looking for a fun small car, a tuner car, or if you live in the northeast don't bother. I bought this car after having a 97 Civic for 9 years and the Civic was a laughably better car in terms of handling, structural stiffness, gas mileage, and tire wear regardless of how or where I drove; be it the freeway or at the race track. The car got totaled after it hydroplaned in the rain on the way to work. I was only going 40 and I couldn't believe how badly the car was damaged after hitting a guard rail; the first responders told me I was lucky as they see these cars crumple like a can in very small accidents. Buying parts for these cars, be it brake pads, a new clutch or performance parts was also far more expensive than I realized. Same parts for my Honda and even my Camaro are only a fraction of the price. Like others, the paint started wearing off within a year. My biggest complaint was the gas mileage. For such a small car, the mileage was laughable; it would only mirror the EPA estimates if I drove unreasonably slow in on a perfectly smooth road. I got far better mileage in my Civic and even better mileage in my V8 Camaro regardless of how I drive. I really expected a lot more from Toyota.

OK car
By janno95

2007 Scion tC Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got my 2007 scion tc when it had 167k miles on it 2 years ago. I currently have 216k on it and it was running very good until my oil light came on. Come to find out Scion has a recall on the engine for OLDER scions. The mechanic I talked to said this would be a problem as the cars got more miles on them. Also, my car was awful in the rain and snow.

Look of the car.

the radio light being fixed, and definitely the engine problem

So far has been a great ride!!!
By sizzletyme06

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my 2007 TC about a month and a half ago with 81,000 miles on it. I've put a little over 4,000 on it with no problems as of yet and drive about 60 -70 miles a day round trip to work getting right around 30 mpg. Love the handling and acceleration, car looks great, constantly getting compliments and looks where ever I go. I'm 6'5" and think that the car has plenty of room for the driver but is a bit tight in the back seat. Smoking in the car is nearly impossible though. The ashes come right back into the car and is nearly unavoidable so am finding myself cleaning the interior quite a bit which isn't very fun but all cars have there down fall and not everyone smokes! lol

Exterior and interior design / Acceleration / Great on gas / Sun / Moonroof really cool / Overall look and performance

Paint does seem to scratch very easy and picks up dust etc.. easily as well / could use a better sound system / Maybe a little more head room / Interior picks up anything and everything, not sure if it's the material but is irritating

07 Scion tC
By ts1989

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my tC used with 120,000 in March of 2013...figured it would be beneficial to write a review about a used one. No issues with the car for the first 10,000 miles, then my engine failed at 131,000. I understand it was used but with a Toyota engine...kinda surprised me. This was a car I always wanted, and I loved having it. Acceleration was pretty awesome (roommate had a Volks Jetta turbo and I smoked him) and the handling was good, even with it "having been around the block". The sunroof was amazing, although like others I too did have issues with the rattling. My suggestion: if you're looking for a used one, get it mechanically checked before buying!

Acceleration, Sunroof, Handling.

Gas Mileage! Wasn't the best which was shocking for it being a small engine.