Used 2007 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 155 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Scion tC Hatchback

View reviews for a specific tC model:

good quality, no major complaints
By camp6ell

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

have driven 25k miles in the first year of ownership, and my only complaint is disappointing gas mileage: 90% of my driving is highway, yet i only realize 29.5-31.5mpg. i expect more from a small car with 4cyl engine. i have a bit of a rattle, unfound/unfixed by dealer, from the sunroof depending on the weather. the upgrade ipod stereo isn't fantastic, and even at max volume can be hard to hear on the highway. engine was a bit lumpy for the first 20k miles, but it's smoother now. handles ok. steering and brakes good. interior is a nice place to spend time, and seats are comfy. hvac isn't the best system i've used. headroom limited for anyone above 5'10".

styling, glass roof, interior.

more economical engine, 6-speed trans, louder stereo with better ipod interface, less flimsy rear hatch cover, more headroom.

Scionfun
By scionmark

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great value, very fun to drive, driving is easy on the sole, comfortable, clean lines, sporty, excellent after-market toys, can be personalized, outstanding quality and next car, only a lexus could be better!

tight.

Rear wiper, six gears.

Saved by Second Sunroof TSB
By Kitch

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was extremely pleased the first 12 months. However, for the past 4 months, a a sharp clicking rattle-like noise started to occur and became increasingly persistent as time went by. It took literally 8 visits to the dealer before the problem - faulty sunroof construction - was detected by me from researching tC noise rattles on the web. Upon hearing that there was a Toyota Service Bulletin (TSB) on the earlier models at a tC Owners Blog, I showed the article to the dealer. He then advised that there was a second TSB that I qualified for, and after I left the car with the dealer for 2.5 days, I got a completely new sunroof - all new glass and rails. Now, I'm in "heaven" again.

Steering wheel-mounted stereo controls, rapid acceleration from start.

More headroom. I'm six foot and sometimes I have to tilt back or literally push up on the sunroof cover to get it off my head.

Best value for the money period!
By CARMELO

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Owned a 2007 tC for the past year and loved the way it has performed so far. This car handles very well at 100 plus mph, thanks to its fully independent supension. No doubt I will be getting a turbocharger to give it the extra punch it needs but it'Ts a great daily commuter and weekend fun to drive toy.

Everything about it.

This particular model should have a high performance variant to compete with the EVO and the WRX head to head. It already kills them both on good looks alone. Add AWD and twin turbocharged with at least 350hp and people will pay $40k plus for it.

I love this car!
By Carol

2007 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car caught my eye at a Toyota dealership and I have loved it ever since. I find that this car has as much pep as my previous car, a Honda Accord V-6. I am middle aged and could afford a more expensive car, but why when this car offers everything you need at a great price! I am also tall and find that I have plenty of leg and head room in the car. I have taken the car on 2 long road trips and it handled the highway great and they were very comfortable rides. This car with the sunroof and sleek look, makes me feel young again!

MPG, comfort, sunroof, spacious, price and the design.

The doors are heavy, you have to be especially careful when parked next to other cars. The design could be a little better by rounding the front hood with grille.