2016 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ram 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

New Ram
By Steve

2016 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Express 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Overall I'm happy with this truck. I was having tons of issues with my 2007 F-150 extended cab. I went with the quad cab because it is big enough for my kids. I love the sound and the acceleration of the HEMI. I went with the tradesman/express because of cost I wanted a nice looking truck at a reasonable cost, my biggest complaint so far is that I cannot turn on the interior light without opening a door. The ride is great much smoother than my old ford, not sure if that is the different suspension on the Ram or it just being 9 years newer than my old truck.

LOVE MY TRUCK
By Jose Cantu

2016 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Tradesman 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Got this three months ago and already have 6,000 miles. The shift does suck, I think a knob is no fit for a truck and Dodge needs to bring back the Colum shifter. I work for Toyota building the Tundra's and Tocoma's and this is the truck I would rather drive. For the price, I could but two Ram 1500's for the price of 1 Tundra. My truck has the V6 but the pickup power is unbelievable. Drives smooth and has lots of power. After the first month my mother went and got one for her self. We are a Dodge family!

Would buy one in a heartbeat but......
By RSW

2016 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I simply can't get past the cheesy "shifter" Ram borrowed from Jaguar. Love the truck in every other way. Great hemi power, nice sound system and nav, fairly decent interior. But having a "knob" to shift with is simply ridiculous. I understand all transmissions these days are electronic, but a knob is just taking it too far. Same reason I'll never buy a Mercedes with their "e-shift". You took a console shifter and replaced it with a cheesy, flimsy stalk on the steering wheel? Even their sportier models they seem to be proud of their "e-shift". Sorry, they both lost my business. It's not a video game, it a car/truck. Bring back the console shifter please!!

Ram Tough
By TC

2016 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Owned a 2005 1500, liked so much bought a 2010. Why not buy a 2016 SLT quad 1500. Great truck. Drives like a car. Love it. Will but another in a few years. Have owned Ford and Chevy. No comparison. Ram tough.

OK I reviewed this
By Mark Cantieri

2016 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Big Horn Fleet 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Edmunds coupon saved me $2500. Good value. Wish they had more dealers involved in the program.