Skip to main content

List Price Range

Used 1500 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

Much Better Truck than my Old Tradesman

Jeff Lawton, 12/14/2015
updated 06/21/2016
2016 Ram 1500 Sport 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Mostly my comparison is to the 2012 Trades I had before purchasing the Sport. I saw this blacked out optioned truck on the lot and fell in love with it. It looks great and I get lots of compliments! The bucket seats are far more comfortable than in the Tradesman. Acceleration off the line isn’t as good due to the higher gearing in this specific Sport. The new 8 speed tranny is so much better than the old 6 speed. Very smooth shifting, very little of it trying to find the right gear. The 6 speed in the Tradesman was always clunking around, always looking for the right gear to be in. I didn’t like the way it shifted from the beginning and did have to take it in at 65K to have transmission work on it. I was really nervous about the warranty running out and having to pay for a new tranny. But I got the lifetime power train warranty on the new truck which was the primary reason for going back to the Ram. Gas mileage has been in the 17-18 MPG range. Although I live in a hilly area I still can't imagine getting 21 MPG. The Uconnect system can be a little distracting. The high beams are awesome. The truck came with a big subwoofer that sits under the passenger side rear seat and takes up 2/3rds of the rear under seat storage. With 700 miles on it I am loving it! Update: I now have 10,500 miles on the truck and still like it although the tranny isn't as smooth as in the beginning. When coasting and getting back on the gas it has a little trouble finding the gear it wants to be in. I am missing the extra space I had in my old extended cab compared to this Quad cab. I still have not been able to get more than 19 mpg (only once) and generally still in the 17-18 range. The air conditioned seats are "ok". Not great. Not worth the extra money.

3 out of 5 stars
Also Consider
5 Offers Near Ashburn, VA
Check out current offers on the GMC SIERRA 1500 LIMITED
View Offers
GMC.com
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. See your GMC dealer for details.

First new truck

Warren, 03/21/2016
updated 03/21/2018
2016 Ram 1500 Express 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I was upside down on my trade in. I was told , I need to buy new and no regrets. Truck looks good and rides good. I am very happy with my truck. This truck is 5.7 V8 express quad cab. I could not find the box to check it. If it looks great and give an excellent ride? It is grea truck! I test drove an F150 and was no impressed. Ram was much better.

Ram Tough

TC, 09/16/2016
2016 Ram 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Owned a 2005 1500, liked so much bought a 2010. Why not buy a 2016 SLT quad 1500. Great truck. Drives like a car. Love it. Will but another in a few years. Have owned Ford and Chevy. No comparison. Ram tough.

LOVE MY TRUCK

Jose Cantu, 10/28/2016
2016 Ram 1500 Tradesman 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Got this three months ago and already have 6,000 miles. The shift does suck, I think a knob is no fit for a truck and Dodge needs to bring back the Colum shifter. I work for Toyota building the Tundra's and Tocoma's and this is the truck I would rather drive. For the price, I could but two Ram 1500's for the price of 1 Tundra. My truck has the V6 but the pickup power is unbelievable. Drives smooth and has lots of power. After the first month my mother went and got one for her self. We are a Dodge family!

5 out of 5 stars

Excellent and affordable all purpose truck

Tod Zaret, 02/09/2017
updated 08/18/2022
2016 Ram 1500 Tradesman 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

After owning a 2009, 2011, 2012 2013 and a 2015 Ram I bought the new 2016 Ram regular cab with Tradesman trim. Regular cabs are not common in my area and I had to look about 60 miles North to find this truck which was equipped just the way I wanted with Chrome bumpers, spray in bedliner, backup camera, and the 5.0 radio upgrade. All this for under 25k. This truck in Granite metallic has the 6cyl engine which provides a lot of power but has a HWY mileage rating at 25mpg. I am keeping this one folks its a great buy and the ride is much better than the 2015 Ford F150 XLT I sold which paid for my brand new Ram. Very quiet cabin with muscular looks on the outside. If you can get a better deal than this go for it. As of 8/2018 I have had no issues with the truck however there is an outstanding recall . My local dealer will be fixing this issue within 2 weeks. *** UPDATE*** Thanks to a chip shortage and the 2016 RAM holding its value, I was able to sell the 2016 RAM for 500 dollars more than I paid for it in 2016!! I took the proceeds and bought a shiny new 2021 Ram Tradesman quad cab with the SXT package for a great price. Still couldn't be more pleased. 2022 update: Ive installed LED Lights in the headlight assemblies, a pair of nerf bars, inside LED lighting and a tailgate dampener and bull ring hold downs