Used 2006 Porsche Cayenne Consumer Reviews - 59 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Porsche Cayenne Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:

A White Elephant
By Steve B

2006 Porsche Cayenne S 4dr SUV AWD (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

Yes, the Cayenne S has performance, it is downhill from there. I have had the car for 11 years, currently at 135K miles. But the repairs and regular upkeep drives me nuts. You need a new set of tires every 15,000 mils ($1500). You need new brakes every 25,000 miles ($2500), replacing the battery will cost you $1000 because the stupid battery is located under the driver seat. Here is a partial list of things that went wrong - power steering fluid leaked (bad seal), turn light bulbs in the headlight assembly would blow up every 5,000 miles - stopped replacing . The fancy terrain following headlamps don't work too well, power train shaft had to be replaced, engine vacuum problem, all eight ignition coils had to be replaced ($800), gas tank fuel pump plastic flanges cracked ($1500), even the washer fluid container cracked.

Life is too short to drive uninspiring vehicles!
By Zachariah A.

2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo 4dr SUV AWD (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

At age 52 - I am thrilled to buy this Porsche SUV. After years of owning cars for the sake of saving money - I decided to change things up, at this juncture in life. As a result, this go-anywhere, do-it-all, rocket-sled brick has unleashed hidden Adrenaline I have pent-up inside, for decades. Every drive now brings a huge, LOL smile to my face. Suddenly, spending money on something THIS FUN is now totally worth it. I plan on driving this over-the-top beast to the ground. I can now leave this Earth knowing I drove the fastest, man-made, land object I could afford. My perspective on life is now enhanced. Read all the reviews, watch all the YouTube video on this remarkable machine. There truly is NO substitute...

Best car I have ever owned
By Terry frranke

2006 Porsche Cayenne 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Still great car after almost 11 years. Still looks great - classic. 125,000 miles and close to zero maintenance issues.

Love this car!!
By Ricki Kanter

2006 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned this car for ten years and could go for another ten except for I'm wanting to go electric. Just ordered my new TeslaX. I've never enjoyed driving more or felt safer than in my Porsche.

Low Mileage Cayanne S
By Nigel Winsor

2006 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent condition with low mileage and mostly highway driven. Interior is like new.