Used 2005 Porsche 911 Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Porsche 911 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

Love this 911-one of the best cars I ever owned
By H Ehrenkranz

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S Rwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Awesome performance car. A driver's dream. Handles well and is the epitome of the driver's drive. May not be as much fun for the passenger-but never had a complaint. A little difficult getting in and out-but once in the driver's seat this is a special vehicle.

Fast and Beautiful - Best of it's year!
By Stan Pearlman

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

National 3X PCA Parade Concours and Autocross Class winner, One owner, Former Gold Coast Region PCA President (3x) and Multi-time GCR BOD Member. This Porsche has Won more Regional Concours and Autocross "Wins" then I can remember! Drive it (and See it) and you'll BUY IT!

Finally got one
By d1coach

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

After forty years of wanting one badly, I bought my Porsche 911.
Low mileage well cared for Tiptronic Coupe.
So much fun to drive, fast without a lot of noise or fuss.
Plenty of cabin and head room even at 6'3.

Patented engine sound

nothing

Will never part...
By uwe2

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S AWD 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I'm the second owner, for > 3 years now. I like the performance, the look, and the compliments I still get from people today (the vehicle will turn 6 years this summer). No way to describe riding this piece of German engineering, you have to experience it for yourself.
The only complaint I have is that the clutch doesn't seem to last very long - I had to replace it at ~21k miles, and I'm not driving with a heavy foot.

Power, look, makes me the member of an exclusive club

MP3 player would have been nice, CD changer doesn't play music CD's I have burnt. A more durable clutch!

The most satisfying car to own
By art_from_fl

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a used 2005 (997) 911 Carrera Coupe with Tiptronic 7 month ago.
This is my first Porsche, and can't deny I expected to be a nice experience; this car has given me a lot of satisfaction and went beyond my high expectations.
The handling at any speed is amazing.

Almost everything but my super favorite ones are the car handling, the very decent fuel economy (it was a surprise to me, average 20.5 mpg), the performance (pickup and braking are outstanding), the optional rear parking assistance (very useful when backing up), the optional 19” Porsche Sport tires, the optional full leather package and the seats comfort.

The key with remote control is very basic; come on Porsche, put some engineering on that key as well (make it flip so it is not too bulky and long and add some other features that most of the other new cars have now a days).