Used 1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager Minivan Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Grand Voyager for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

ugg trans

dstiny, 07/24/2002
SE 3dr Minivan

Problems with trans at 130,000. If your not looking to put alot of money into this van look else where. Trans is almost a definite future repair. Not bad on pickup for a van though.

jusJUST KEEPS ON GOING

JEFF, 12/03/2002
SE 3dr Minivan

I bought this van used with 100,000 miles. It know has 191,000. Yes, I have replaces the norm tires, struts shocks bearings, breakes, rotors, tie rods, even the front anti sway bar snapped. I have also replaced the starter and most of the a/c componants. The van still has a ok apperance (some rust)But heck I put on 35,000 a year. I only paid $4,200 and have invested $1,800 in keeping it safely mechanicly sound. The only thing I dont like is the 3.3 engine & trany leak. But with 191,000 its cheaper to pour than to repair. I toe a 3300lb boat and snowmobile. it does all I need. This is my third chrysler mini van. And yes I would buy a 4th.

My Car

daydreamer1, 02/28/2002
LE 3dr Minivan

My v6 Voyager has 90,000+ and is the most reliable auto I've owned. I love all the travel accessories and the ride is excellent. Gas mileage is not as good as I would have liked but not bad either. Only complaint is it seems to go thru tires quickly. No repairs just maintance items so far.

Not the whole package

Eagleeye, 02/09/2004
LE 3dr Minivan

This is a well designed vehicle from a comfort standpoint, but one with engineering design and manufacturing flaws that are exasperating. We had to replace our transmission at about 40,000 miles. This has been a common problem that Chrysler has never seemed to fix. The paint peeled off of the roof really early. Goop (too much sealant) ran from the windows. Clothes hooks broke, the tape player broke; the front speakers need to be replaced. The remote entry devices in the door broke. On and on. It made me worry for Detroit's future against foreign competitors.

Solid overall performer

Dude, 12/18/2004
SE 3dr Minivan

Bought this van new and it had it's share of problems, but most of them happened within the 70K mile warranty period. Tranny failed at 45K, but rebuilt has been great since. Since the warranty ran out, the van has been great! It's very nice to drive especially on trips/vacations. It's a pleasure on the highway and gets better mileage as it gets older. Performance is excellent for only 162 hp. Lots of low end power. I now have 134K miles on it and the engine stil purrs. The 3.3 liter engine is a sound engine. I wish I would have gotten the captains chairs. The center bench is not very comfortable and does not have head rests. Overall, I have been very pleased with this vehicle.