Used 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora Consumer Reviews

Used Aurora for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...19

Pros
Cons

I hope your wallet is loaded!!!

Kstas, 10/05/2004
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

39,000(took ownership). 42,000 Major steering issues, still ongoing, dealer fixes and problem reoccurs 2 wks later. Dealer insists no problem & is trying to tell me to buy another set of tires when just bought a set at 43,500. Even put on new GM chrome rims, no help just better look. 43,636 camshaft folded (engine replaced)$50.00 deductible. 47,683 window regulator. 50,617 Brake booster seal (warranty). 56,391 Oil level sensor(warranty). 57,543 (leak) housing for license plate bulbs ($145 GM reimbursed). 65,077 water pump $50.00 deductible. 71,300 Transmission Input Speed Sensor($50 deduct) & Secondary Air Injection Pump(not covered $365 repair). Still costly even with extended warranty.

Back to the Future

fast jimmy, 08/01/2006
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Remember the movie " Back to the Future"? I sure wish GM did. If so, they would reproduce the best car that I have owned. I have had the good fortune of owning two Acuras, two BMWs, one Corvette and one Lexus. My Aurora has build quality, comfort, performance, safety features and design that meets or exceeds all my previous vehicles. So, GM, hop into a DeLorean and see what you can and should do.

Safe and Reliable Car

Olds Driver, 07/28/2007
4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought used over three years ago. All repairs (zero strandings and little inconvenience) have included window regulator (free under 60k mi warranty,) cam sensor - light (free again,) water pump (housing developed small leak which after several thousand miles had done for $200,) power steering pump (also a minor problem done at our convenience for $200.) A timing belt change on an economy car would have cost more than what we have spent in 70,000 miles of use. The only complaint I would give is the magnasteer unit which occasionally gave incorrect drag during high speed turns. I disconnected the magnet/rack (free and took two minutes) and now have generally perfect steering.

I miss having this car!

karluvr, 04/13/2015
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

One of the sharpest cars I've ever owned. Loved the ride & handling and all the creature comforts. For the size of the car, I got pretty good gas mileage (3.5 V-6). Had tons of "extras". Loved the heated seats in winter and the Bose system with the 12-disc changer in the trunk. Quiet, smooth ride. I should have held on to this one! Black exterior with two-tone saddle leather interior.

Long term review (after 3 years)

mtach3, 02/27/2010
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I wrote my first review a month after I had it.I still love it after 3 years, but I had to replace the engine and tranny.The warranty I bought with the car covered ALL the repairs.The tranny was easy, but the engine was a problem.It kept overheating and it took 9 attempts before the dealership figured out the engine block had a clog.Because they kept returning the car to me without properly repairing it,the motor died.In the process they replaced every part of the cooling system.Finally,they replaced the motor with a brand new one from GM.Most of this issue was due to a bad service center.If they fixed it right the first time it would have cost them $400. Instead, it was $9,000. Duh!!

12345...19