Used 1992 Nissan Stanza Sedan Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Nissan Stanza Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stanza model:

Reliability is incredible
By Timothy List

1992 Nissan Stanza Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

Bought mine with 96kmi. Occasional replacement of worn out items (starter, alternator, water pump, etc.). Change oil, filters regularly. Reliable starting in cold winter weather. Still going strong at 226kmi. Great car.

I loved the Stanza, but it did not love me.
By emsquared

1992 Nissan Stanza Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

I had a 1992 XE model for about 4 years. It was my college car. I enjoyed driving her super fast and getting speeding tickets right and left. I took care of her, but I drove the car hard. Eventually, at 180k, she caught fire from the distributor cap and part of the hood burned. Then, after getting that fixed, the timing chain went and she was scrap. Even before the big events, the car nickeled and dimed me to death.

But boy, did I enjoy that car while it lasted.

Engine size, speed, comfort.

Went through spark plugs and wires like crazy, mediocre gas mileage, was a super loud car.

Best Cheap Car You Can Get
By Blake

1992 Nissan Stanza Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

Great car. Bought it for $800 6 years ago. 86K. Used it as just a work car and the timing chain just broke at 126K. Had to put on a new front axle, fuel injector and muffler. Other then that just normal oil changes. Always started in subzero weather. Other then the few repairs in 6 years this car was super reliable. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great A B car.

2.4 Engine. Plenty of power for such a small car.

Paint was flaking heavily and decent amount of rust. But hey it was 18 years old.

Love MY Stanza!
By lemmon22

1992 Nissan Stanza Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

Love my car...fast 2.4L engine. My car has over 230,000 miles on it and I have actually been given offers to sell my car. Hmmm, I think the word is out and ppl know what's under the Stanza's hood. Her looks are deceiving, lol. She's a gas saver too! Over the 6 yrs that I have owned her, everything I have done kindof adds up (alternator, plug wires, distributor and cap, starter, rack pinion, outer tie rods, and electrical window switch on driver's side), but I DO NOT HAVE a car payment ppl! I trust this car and will definitely buy another Nissan. Oh, and changing the rack pinion and outer tie rods...$700 this last weekend....well worth it...I never had a car drive so straight!

Fast for a 4 cylinder, yet gas efficient, and the fact that it has over 230,000 miles amazes me in the quality...I have to give myself credit for maintaining it properly too.

Am I allowed to suggest improvements on a 1992 car??? This is a very well made car! She amazes me!

A well-built and reliable car
By stanzafan

1992 Nissan Stanza Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

This car has over 201,000 miles, and had very few problems until very recently like water pump and radiator, and the o-ring on the distributor shaft. Over 16 years, these plastic and rubber parts have become brittle and need to be replaced. But overall reliability has been remarkable. After some cleaning/servicing, it runs quite smoothly, not less than it was new.

The flex exhaust pipe got in the way of the oil pan, and the material for the pipe is not durable. The material for the radiator disintegrates after 16 years (cracks all over).