2017 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Huge Mistake
By Jose Acevedo

2017 Nissan Sentra SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I will never buy another Nissan, I am so disappointed. I bought a brand new Sentra not even 6 months after owning this vehicle I had to take it in for repairs for what I am certain was a Transmission, well they said there was nothing wrong. Few weeks after that same issue so I took it in again and they said oh it's the Mass Air Flow Sensor. Well a month after that same problem, take it in again and they say oh it's only an Oxygen Sensor I believe they said and replaced it. Well guess what? Month later I am driving with my wife and 2 young children ages 11 & 6 on a very busy 4 lane highway suddenly same exact issue car will not accelerate above 35 MPH and then stalls out in the middle of the highway causing my family to literally miss getting rear ended by a Semi by maybe a foot, again I was nearly certain it's the Transmission have it towed there and again they say no, this time it's the Throttle Body. I have wrote corporate, my local dealer ship and all they keep saying is the Warranty is now up, however, if the problem persist the will cover it. I am literally petrified to put my family back in this 🍋 lemon and now it literally sits in my driveway reminding of what a poor brand is. Bought the vehicle brand new and for 2 years it's been in the shop half a dozen times or more for the same issue that they keep saying is something else when I am certain it is the transmission, so I am stuck with a lemon and the payments on a lemon that myself nor my wife are comfortable driving for fear of the next close call with a semi becoming reality thanks Nissan for refusing to admit it's the Transmission and replacing every part in the car but the transmission.

Not your Granny's Sentra
By Robert Q

2017 Nissan Sentra SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

A nice middle of the road-no pun intended- sedan that ,remember, is an economy car not a performance car. But this is a nice riding, good looking car that exceeds the earlier iterations by a mile. I have not had it long enough to know about how reliable it will be, but so far I'm happy with it. Do not know the resale value yet.

Should have bought the Altima
By Bray

2017 Nissan Sentra SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Had a 2008 Sentra for 10 years with 34k miles and decided to buy a new one. Test drives never tell the story. What a huge mistake the CVT is the worst I have ever experienced and the engine is ridiculously NOISY. Wife got an Altima the same day and I should have gotten one as well. Its not the greatest but certainly better than the Sentra.

Fred Flintstone had a better car
By Andrea

2017 Nissan Sentra S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This car is slow. Pushing it up a hill would be faster then driving it up a hill. Terrible mileage. I am at a gas station gassing it up so much, I should be charged rent. Absolutely no power, I am so disappointed. I wanted the Juke but got bullied into this piece of sh** by the Nissan dealership in Hayward, CA. I have never hated any car as much as I do this car.

Underrated Sentra
By Kathy

2017 Nissan Sentra S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I was going to replace my older Altima with a new one, but ended up buying a Sentra instead. The handling is great (better than my Altima) and actually feels sporty. Vehicle is so quiet in the cabin you can't tell it's running. Trunk space is good too for its class. Only thing I miss with the Altima is the large gas tank which can get about 600 miles on one tank and the wider interior. I bought a manual (I prefer to drive stick) so can't comment on the acceleration with the CVT. For a compact car, I'm very happy with this purchase, and think the low ratings from car critics aren't that accurate.