2017 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Not your Granny's Sentra
By Robert Q

2017 Nissan Sentra SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

A nice middle of the road-no pun intended- sedan that ,remember, is an economy car not a performance car. But this is a nice riding, good looking car that exceeds the earlier iterations by a mile. I have not had it long enough to know about how reliable it will be, but so far I'm happy with it. Do not know the resale value yet.

Should have bought the Altima
By Bray

2017 Nissan Sentra SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Had a 2008 Sentra for 10 years with 34k miles and decided to buy a new one. Test drives never tell the story. What a huge mistake the CVT is the worst I have ever experienced and the engine is ridiculously NOISY. Wife got an Altima the same day and I should have gotten one as well. Its not the greatest but certainly better than the Sentra.

Fred Flintstone had a better car
By Andrea

2017 Nissan Sentra S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This car is slow. Pushing it up a hill would be faster then driving it up a hill. Terrible mileage. I am at a gas station gassing it up so much, I should be charged rent. Absolutely no power, I am so disappointed. I wanted the Juke but got bullied into this piece of sh** by the Nissan dealership in Hayward, CA. I have never hated any car as much as I do this car.

Underrated Sentra
By Kathy

2017 Nissan Sentra S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I was going to replace my older Altima with a new one, but ended up buying a Sentra instead. The handling is great (better than my Altima) and actually feels sporty. Vehicle is so quiet in the cabin you can't tell it's running. Trunk space is good too for its class. Only thing I miss with the Altima is the large gas tank which can get about 600 miles on one tank and the wider interior. I bought a manual (I prefer to drive stick) so can't comment on the acceleration with the CVT. For a compact car, I'm very happy with this purchase, and think the low ratings from car critics aren't that accurate.

Nissan Sentra S shines as a daily driver
By Rich Rausser

2017 Nissan Sentra S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I’ve been driving a brand new 2017 Nissan Sentra S for the past two months and 2,000 miles while my DD is in the shop for some work. I must say that I am impressed with this car as a daily driver. The car is comfortable and quiet. The seats are amazingly comfortable and they provide good lateral support for those of us who like to corner a bit harder than most. One really outstanding attribute is the fuel mileage. I can’t seem to get less than 38 MPG in my daily driving. When I really flog the car hard, my mileage drops to 34 MPG which is still very good. Oh, and on highway trips to Jersey, I’ve been able to get 49 MPG if I use a light foot on the gas. And one more thing, while the car is not super quick, it is more than adequate in normal day-to-day driving and the CVT transmission also works well with the power output of this engine. All-in-all, this is a very good car, and this comes from a guy who drives a BMW M2 on a regular basis.