Used 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V Consumer Reviews

Used Sentra for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

My Spec V

smokexx, 08/23/2004
SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is one hell of a car..I have had it about 8-9 months and I still love driving it. This car isnt the best on fuel but the ride is worth the extra money. Naturally apirated making it one of the fastest cars out there without a turbo and only being 4 cylinder. pop a turbo in this car and u have a beast on your hands and most cars will be kneeling hands down.

Fun for your money

Matt, 05/28/2005
SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

First, this car was quite inexpensive. A great value, but lacking in some areas. I don't think it compares to luxury sport vehicles, but it finds its way to the top of the pack for vehicles under $17k. The 2.5L motor is so torquey you can pull with most v6's off the line (however it's not so tough on the highway). Handling is for tuned for driving fanatics, with excellent response and minimal roll, but the 17 in. wheels and hardened bushings relay every bump on longer drives. Adequate interior - love the seats, but the plastics scratch up quite easily. Exterior was "updated" for '04 to match the base model... Now there's no escaping the ugly "bucktooth"!

Fun to drive, not to own

Not Worth trouble, 08/01/2008
SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I'm usually a Honda consumer, but due to their expensive prices I tried to experiment a little and bought this car because it was recommended to me by a family member. However, I have to tell you guys that this thing has been a pain to own. It is fun to drive, but it has had recalls on catalytic converter, ecu and crank angle sensor. The dealer has also given me a hard time about these recalls. This car also makes the most annoying ticking sound after turning it off. I ended up trading it In for a Honda civic Si. Do it right the first time and stay away from Nissan.

What a disappointment

Mark Moreno, 06/05/2009
SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Why was this car my first ever lemon I've ever owned. Let me just say I had to replace the front left bearing 4 times. Thats right 4 times and Nissan treated me like a you know what. Lets just say the regional manager says she called me 3 times and never did. Be careful buying this cars. You need to fuel the car with 91 octane or better. There is no 40/60 split. The tail rattles after taking the abuse of the NYC streets. Do not replace the tranny fluid. I had to replace the tranny. When everything was working properly, the car was amazing to drive, great performance drives amazing for a FWD car. I will miss the 6-speed tranny. Watch out for Nissans customer service, its bad.

This car is junk ! ! !

04 SPEC-V, 06/02/2009
SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a 04 SPEC-V with only 4,000 miles on it. It has all options except the stereo system upgrade. It was practically brand new. At about 20,000 miles the front struts went out. At 30,000 the rear struts needed to be replaced. At 48,000 the front struts needed to be replaced AGAIN. The build quality of this car is horrible. Mine came with the Brembo brakes. What the hell is NISSAN thinking Brembo brakes but no ABS. They are completely useless in snow or rain. Even cheap cars like KIA offer you ABS. Transmission doesn't always shift properly into reverse. The summer tires it came with do not last. I wish i never bought this car. I'm very disappointed.

12345...11