2018 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Needed tranny before 100k, engine replaced by 140K
By JKB

2018 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car new in 2015. I drive about 45,000 miles per year - 90% highway. I live in northern Maine, 1 mile from the highway with average speed of 80mph. After 2+ years, and 96,000 miles, I needed a new transmission (100K warranty). One year later at, 140,000 miles, the dealer says I need a new engine. I've lost compression in all four cylinders. This was due to a failure of the PCV system. The estimated cost is $9,500. I have complete records of all maintenance performed on this vehicle. I spoke with Nissan consumer relations, they told me they would not assist in the repair cost, even though they acknowledged that this car has unique problems. This car also has had an issue for the last year an half where you lose all power suddenly. It is 'fixed' by turning the car off for 30 seconds. After restarting the car has power again. The dealer could not find a reason for this problem. I had a few other faulty issues, such as have to replace window regulators twice. While I love the interior of the car, and never spoke badly of Nissan (even after the tranny problem) I am now completely unsatisfied.

Rogue review
By Nissan owner

2018 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Haven’t had it long, but love this vehicle 🚗. Was able to get all of the options I wanted at the SV trim level. Saved me thousands. Also have a Murano in the family and really like the size of the Rogue.

Remorse! but a done deal is a done deal
By Regretful

2018 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Be sure this severely underpowered and very loud engine won't bother you!!!!

Honda CRV vs My New Rogue
By Frank Romani

2018 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I drove a 2017 Rogue and decided to buy a 2017 Honda CRV EXNavi hated it, problems with 1.5 turbo engine gas in oil, no help from Honda. Traded it off for a 2018 Rogue SL and. This is ten times the car that the Honda was. Honda was once a good car but they are no longer the car they used to be. Stay away from any Honda with the 1.5 turbo engine.

Hampsters can’t touch this Rogue!!!
By Kona Henderson

2018 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I really didn’t know much about the Rogues before I bought it. I have only driven it a couple of times so far. I work out of my vehicle daily & I spend at least 6 hours a day in it. I have driven kia’s, Mitsubishi’s, & jeep’s. By far this is the most spacious and the most comfortable suv I have owned!!! My friends were shocked on how much room it had on the inside compared of how it looks from the outside. I read some of the reviews after I bought it and I disagree with most of them. I am a very petite & short female & I can see out of the vehicle perfectly. It also has lights by the side mirrors that light up when someone comes up on your blind spot. Awesome!! The color is Caspian blue with Charcoal interior. The blue almost sparkles like glitter. But overall I am extremely happy I chose to get my 1st Nissan Rogue, I love this suv!!! Thanks a million