Used 2007 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Terrible Buy, won't ever purchase from Nissan agai
By Yoni Rivers

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car we had before this was totaled because we were rear ended and we decided to buy this Nissan Quest. We did our research and found that noooot many folks had a good experience with it either. Yet, we felt good about it and purchased it anyways. We took it to the dealership to get a tune up because we were about to drive cross country from GA to OR. We made it to Colorado perfectly when out of NOWHERE our transmission started acting funny, it had a hard time shifting gears and once it got up to 4th it wouldn't maintain 60... then my husband would press on the gas and NOTHING happened. We pulled over, called a tow truck and had no idea what was to come. Stranded in Colorado with our 14 month old son.... we got the news it would cost Nissan $6900 to fix. Yup. You read that right. Needed a new transmission. New c02 censor. Something with the exhaust. The wiring had melted. New catalytic converter. Oh and the timing chain that had just been fixed was also now messed up. To top it all of, we had this van for less than two weeks. We are at a loss for words. And please, don't buy this van. Apparently Nissan KNOWS there's troubles with their transmissions but they've done nothing about it. Do yourself a favor and just say no. Won't ever buy a Nissan again. And I'm ready to tell the whole world.

New Family Friend
By tara batistelli

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new Nissan Quest, it is such a great car for me and my kids and they we love it. I love how much space it has and I love the ride. I love the look of it and the black on grey is perfect. It rides very smooth and I love how the top is all glass for the kids to look out. the two TV's might be the best part,lol, It keeps my two kids very occupied and keeps my head from exploding because I don't have screaming kids. I love the electric doors, it is very helpful..It has rearview camera which is helpful and the blue tooth is great too.. I love the car,, Thanks Coastal Nissan

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR
By Dyanne

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

i have a 2007 Nissan Quest with 135K miles. Prior to hitting 100K the car engine wise was Ok, but I constantly needed brakes, and every single component of the interior was broken, the ridiculous placement of the cupholders on the rear seats, came off everytime someone got out of the car, every knob had fallen off, the windshield wipers were terrible, it was a mess, but since the engine was good, I carried on. When the car hit 100K all that changed, i needed motor mounts, timing chain is now deteriorating (thats what the dealer said) I can no longer open the windows and when I went to dealer to see about fixing that, he said the part( a new switch) was $600!!!!! I kept hearing a knocking sound when i switched gears, and was told it was the need for motor mounts which could've also been causing the poor acceleration and revving of the RPM's while car went no where, so 1000$ later motor mounts were fixed, and car still makes knocking sound and still has acceleration problems, i had the transmission tested and and apparently thats shot now too, DEALER actually said its not worth fixing due to the timing chain issue??? its only 2007 and I was hoping to get to 200K and kept up on all the maintenance for that reason??????? I wil never buy a NISSAN again , and will tell everyone i know about the poor quality .

So not what i expected or hoped for...
By Christy

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van was the first new vehicle my husband and I ever purchased. We drove it off the lot with 98 miles on it. I had high hopes of driving it until the wheels fell off, we are at that point. I would imagine if we added up all the repair costs over the last nine years we would be close to $6000 in repairs. I am the only driver, I change the oil, transmission fluid, etc. on a regular basis. In order for you to fully grasp the amount of repairs on the van I am going to try and start from the beginning.

1. 9000 miles on the van and in the middle of rush hour morning traffic, my engine died! Nothing! No steering, nothing! I managed to get to the side of the road and of course tried to restart the van. NOTHING! It didn't take long to realize that gas was pouring out of the van each time I tried to start it. After a nice visit from the Hazmat team, several police officers, fire trucks and several attractive fireman it was discovered my fuel pump had gone out. This was a warranty repair, but should have caused me to sell right then. It set a precedent of what was to come.

2. Van is on it's 4th set of tires and 6th set of brakes and rotors. and 4 batteries! (I'm not a lead foot)

3. My clock spring went out causing my entire dash to not work. Dealership repair $1000

4. Exhaust leak that couldn't be located for 1 week. $200

5. TPMS light that constantly has to be reset.

6. Earlier mentioned dealership broke my air bag sensor in the steering wheel. $1500 (refused to admit fault)

7. Tie rods are broken on front end. $500

8. Rack and Pinion replacement $800

9. Transmission on it's last leg $2500

10. Interior lights blow fuses randomly. No given reason, no one can figure out why, just suddenly nothing. I own stock in the fuse company.

11. Let's not forget the recall on the gas gauge. I have run out of gas twice and stranded on a busy highway because my van says i have 1/2 tank. (It lied)!!!

Trading in the van----PRICELESS

The van has right at 141,000 miles on it at this point. I expected much more than I got with this purchase. It has become a money pit and sadly not a good one. At this point if the van had a higher resale value, I would repair the transmission. Considering my van isn't worth much more than that, it's going to be traded this weekend!

Long story short, buy a Toyota!

So much better than my 1999 Windstar
By bergolive

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it new in 2006. We realy liked the style and we trusted Nissan's reliability because we drove a 94 Altima all the way up to 250000kM with absolutely no trouble. We now have 150 000kM and had no major trouble. But everytime we had to go to the garage, repair were expensive due to lack of room around the motor. Cost 700$ to replace alternator a few months ago! The other annoying thing is that sliding doors freeze in winter. But overall, this van is so much better than our 99 Windstar that I cannot complain.

Plenty of power, nice handling and style.

Overall reliability