Used 2005 Nissan Quest Minivan Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

2005 Nissan quest Money pit JUNKED!!!
By Chris

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Fat piece of junk!!! Junked!!! Runiing and recently registered...and i still junked it!!!! This car kept me at the bank and the auto parts store.....you name it,its been replaced.... Multiple times....note to consumer.....not then van to get, expensive repairs and constant repairs.... You will be replacing :front and back shocks,sets of tires and brakes, instrument cluster,timing chain and tensioners, transmission,lower control arms,engine& transmission mounts,65% chance of replacing corroded subframe depending on how frequent you used your ac, sliding doors internals,power steering pressure hose ....e.t.c. For sure..... Please save your self from this head ache...dont buy it....

The Nissan Quest is a lime
By Eira Triana

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The paint is really bad, the dash is bad , you have to replace it with the time, and also has many issues.

Good bang for your buck
By CJ

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my '01 Volvo V70 T5 wagon in for the Quest due to the Volvo's cramped rear seats and proclivity for eating ignition coils. I wanted a minivan for the comfort and convenience with two small children and did a lot of research on used vans before deciding on the Quest. What drew me to it was the supposed durability of the engine/transmission compared to any other minivan with the exception of the Toyota Sienna--which cost more. We've now had the Quest for about 4 years, and aside from the admittedly cheap materials used in the interior, it's been a good van. The engine and trans have been bulletproof and the body has held together okay. We've replaced an engine mount, front struts, and brake pads so far. It has recently developed a small leak from the rear valve cover gasket and the pixels on the odometer readout are starting to fade. I've decided that fixing the valve cover gasket would be a PITA, so I've decided not to bother since it's not too bad. The odometer can be fixed for about $12 and there is a how-to video on Youtube. It still drives nice, the AC is ice cold, and everything works. All in all, it's holding up well considering it's now almost 12 years old and has over 160k miles on it. I'm going to drive it until it reaches 200k or blows up, whichever comes first. I think it'll make it. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap, reliable family car or work vehicle.

Great Family MiniVan!
By ilikenissan

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had our 2005 Quest SL for 8 years now, bought new. It has been the perfect van for us. Spacious, strong engine, drives great (for a van), and gets decent highway mileage (we average 24 on trips). Electronically adjustable driver's seat. It was worth buying the extended warranties, as minivans (weight and usage) put a lot of stress on transmissions and suspensions. We used the warranty and saved a lot on major repairs common to the entire minivan category.

The full size middle bucket seats fit our teenagers or adults. The good headroom in the rear seats allow for seating up to 7 comfortably. Spacious cargo room when rear seat is down. We've hauled gear and plywood, camped, skiied, carted Christmas trees, gone on 2000+ mile family trips, etc. Our van has done it all!

- Higher quality interior plastics - better sound system, and replaceable/upgradeable CD system - better in-town mileage - driver seat to extend further back (for longer legs) - putting the speedometer back ('07 onward) in it's customary spot has likely helped sales, though in usages takes only a few days to get used to.

What a disappointment
By sstlaurent

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this van new, and over the last three years, we've put more around $5000 into.
The digital dashboard display hasn't been clear for years.
The heater in the back of the van doesn't blow.
Now the transmission is failing, and we're looking for another car.

We've had it serviced regularly and taken care of it, so I don't know what the problem is.
If I want to take it to the dealership, they charge $98 just to diagnose it.
The transmission guy told me that lots of people have had the same problem, and attorneys are preparing to file a class action suit.

Hmm...it's roomy.

I don't know what Nissan can do to improve it. I'm done with them.