Used 2011 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Great car
By ANK2

2011 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great car, enjoyed driving it everyday.

Pretty happy so far
By golfinwi

2011 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought my 2011 used with 27,000 mi. Have 42,000 now. Replaced our 2001 Infiniti Qx4, which we loved. The Murano is not the same, but close. Very happy with the ride, looks, reliability so far (except we had a popping noise in the back which we finally tracked to the woofer in the radio...rather than replace the radio for $800, we had the woofer disconnected for $120.) Mileage is ok...20 overall. Solid, no rattles, firm yet comfy ride. We did replace the battery early on as the car was dead three times in 2 weeks. Finally realized that I, and my grandson, were leAving the ignition on "accessory".....BAD design.....if you hit the ignition button by mistake twice when you shut off the car, it goes to "accessory" with no indication whatsoever on the dash...no light or warning bell.......I am very careful, and have to tell everyone who borrows the vehicle to be sure and just pop the ignition button ONCE when they are shutting it off...!!!!! I cannot believe the engineers at Nissan didnt catch this. I did notice another reviewer here noted he had to replace his battery twice....this may have been the culprit. I'll take keys anyday vs this key less stuff.

5/1/17--update--------Now have 53000 mi. on it. No issues, still like it, BUT (and this likely won't concern most, but it's been the reason I have been stranded three times since last review. I am hard of hearing, and do not hear the "warning" when I leave the vehicle in "assessory" when I get out. The battery goes dead within two hours. Two complains....why doesn't the system just shut down like my wife's LaCrosse to avoid a dead battery,( and whose car I hear every warning, buzz, chime etc.) .Two, why not make the warning as annoying and low pitched for us old guys who can't hear. These reasons alone will likely keep me from buying another Murano, unless I can hear the chimes. I recognize that I am part idiot for not making sure the vehicle is OFF when I get out.
If anyone has a fix for this, please chime in.

willd bill
By William Rowe

2011 Nissan Murano SUV SV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

simple reason why I hate my Murano
By Rich

2011 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

As much as I have enjoyed my 2011 Murano in many wayw, I cannot forgive the glaring problem of the engineering of the front seats. It is a problem that obviously gets chuckles and is not take seriously, but when I buy my next car, it will be the first thing I test. Here is the problem. If you drop something out of your pocket while sitting in the front seat.... INCLUDING YOUR KEY.... it is lost. forget it. You cannot reach a hand down from any angle to get it back. The engineers of the seats of this car have my life-long and ever after enduring hatred. They are scum. That is my review, and that is the reason I will never buy another Nissan.

No More Nissans for me!
By JBC

2011 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Update at 154,000 mi. Forth set of tires at 14p,000 mi. Bought from Nissan service center. Wear looks good, but not as "sticky" as prior Pirelli's. I am STILL having problems with battery dying for no apparent reason. New battery last year. I can't believe dealer has no idea why. Too many owners have this problem. NO MORE NISSANS FOR ME UNTIL THIS PROBLEM IS RESOLVED, FIXED, AND RECALLED. I CAN'T HAVE A CAR THAT I CAN'T DEPEND ON TO BE READY YO DRIVE WHEN I NEED IT! Update at 140,000 miles. I'm on my 4th set of tires. And I talked to other Murano owners and read several others online who experienced the same dead battery problems that I did. Hard to understand why dealer never heard of problem. If I have to park car for an extended time I disconnect the battery. This worked ok but was a pain. I also bought a "jump start" from NAPA for $125. I shouldn't have to go to these extremes.

My first and LAST Nissan! I value dependability above everything else, and this car has not met my needs.
2011 Murano, 85,000 mi, serviced by the book, garage kept. 1) Battery went completely dead twice 18 mos apart. No lights, etc left on. Nissan dealer says "we dunno". Can't trust car to be ready to go when needed. 2) 85,000 mi, A/C compressor failed. $1100 repair. 3) Also, eats up tires; I'm on my third set. And I bought good tires.